Installation Failure Issue

DIsclaimer: I have no/little IT experience.

I have purchased the BeTheme and web hosting by 1&1. 
Via the control panel, I have downloaded the wordpress app and got it connected to my wordpress account.

I am now trying to upload the BeTheme however it keeps returning with an error. I know the issue isn't with the theme because I have tested the theme on another website I have (hosted on a different server) and it uploads and installs fine.

Can anybody help me? I have spoke to 1&1 and they claim that their support goes as far as installing the wordpress app/account and has nothing to do with the theme.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

maybe you don't know but 1&1 are one of the most limited hosting we ever seen and you are probably not able to upload theme because of those limits. And because it's big company they don't care about anything. Can you tell us what error message you got while installing theme?

Thanks!
  • Thank you for your response.

Ok, you can see it upload by viewing the percentage increase in the bottom left corner.
    Once it gets to 100%, the page refreshes and all I get is this,

'are you sure you want to do this?

Please try again'

The 'please try again' is a link. If you press it, it takes you back to the start of the whole process.

I am lodged a complaint with 1&1. But from the quality of the call center staff, I seriously doubt they understand the issue.

I can't believe they've never encountered this issue before??

• So this problem is related with server limits for sure. More info about this we left in other topic http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/968/what-to-do-when-you-get-are-you-sure-you-want-to-do-this-please-try-again-while-installation#latest

P.S. They met with this issue many times before but they don't care about this. We also tested this hosting in the past but they don't care about customers who buy shared hosting.
  • Again, thanks for your response. I managed to get through to somebody who could help. I advised about the server limits and he suggested I upload via FTP.

He went through some straightforward steps and the theme has now uploaded.

May I suggest an FTP step-by-step walkthrough (if one already doesn't exist).

I used FileZilla.

• Not sure what steps you need because all you need to do is upload theme folder into /wp-content/themes/ folder. This was already explained in the documentation http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#installation
  • Yes. What you mention

1. FTP upload - upload non-zipped theme folder called betheme to /wp-content/themes/ folder in your WordPress installation folder on your server.

However for somebody like me who has no IT background. I did not know where these folders were. I only managed to find these folders when I downloaded the FileZilla client.
  • And this is what you exactly need to do. Use FTP client. Without that it is not possible to upload via FTP. There is unfortunately nothing more what we can give you in this case. This should explain everything when you are on FTP and while you see all folders. But if you still don't know what to do, then you should contact with your website developer.

Thanks for understanding!
  • My problem is sorted. But I was mentioning that if other people have a similar issue, it needs to be made clear to them that they need to download FileZilla and transfer files that way.

Many people do not know that.