Updated theme from v13 and site is in shambles...

Hi, I purchased this theme to update our site. A lot has changed on the Home Page, Header, and Footer. Fonts have changed, the logo appears 2-3 times, the nav is a different color, pre-footer CTA is gone, and more. Do I have to re-build everything? 

Here's the site as it was before the update: https://lifelightindia.org/

Thank you!

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Hi,
    Take a look at your page source.
    The problem is related to your customizations, it's not a theme fault.

Also, check if your WP is up to date.
    Be sure that PHP Version is 7 or higher.
    Thanks
  • I can't make anything from the file you sent. The server is PHP 7.2 though. I manually updated the BeTheme file on the Staging link I sent so it's up to date, but ugly. I don't believe we customization anywhere that we weren't supposed to. It should all be on the Child Theme.

Can you elaborate on the steps we need to take to avoid this issue when updating the site? 
  • Here is an instruction on how to update the theme from v13 to latest version proprely:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the
    files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a
    fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.

Remember to disable all of the plugins before doing that.
    thanks
  • Hi Pablo, the link you sent does not have many details specific to my situation. Nothing about upgrading from v13. You say to delete and upload, but the guide says to just replace the files. 

Anyways, I deleted the theme files in SFTP and uploaded the new ones. We're having the same issues now as before. 
  • Hey,
    the link does how how to do it. The process shows the installation of the theme, but before version 20.0 this was the only method of updating the theme.
    You had to remove it from your FTP and install it again, using the newest files downloaded from themeforest.

How did you transfer the website before you updated it? If you have it on another domain, then you had to make a copy first. Please use this plugin to copy your website:

Since you are updating from such an old version, there could be some differences which have to be fixed manually.

thanks