Update to newest version of BeTheme ?!

Sorry for asking what might be a basic question but how do you update to newest version of BeTheme (21.4.8) ?? I have 20.8.4 This should be an easy process and it is not. Your instructions in your forum are not correct.

I just purchased 6 more months of support because the theme was originally purchased over a year ago. Did I actually NEED to purchase 6 more months to update the theme ?

Nothing I have tried works. I have a BeTheme Child Theme installed as well. I downloaded all files. Unzipped. I tried to install a new version- APPEARANCE>THEMES>NEW VERSION/ UPDATE NOW. Does not work. THEMES>ADD NEW...doesn't work either. BETHEME>DASHBOARD which is what is shown on your Discussions page is no help either.

Please let me know why this is so difficult and what EXACTLY to do to update once support expires and now that I've just purchased another 6 months of support. I cant find proper working instructions anywhere. What am I missing ???

Thanks

Comments

• Hello,
    While purchasing the theme you got a life-time license to update/download the plugins/theme.
    The 6 months support is only for the support forum.

From version 20 you can update the theme from the dashboard of your
    WordPress, in the BeTheme tab. Just register the license, and you will
    be able to update the theme, install newest plugins and import pre-built
    websites with sliders. We are not including rev-sliders and plugin
    updates in the theme package.
    thanks
  • Something is very wrong then. YOUR BETHEME IS NOT UPDATING AT ALL...and I've tried different ways. The license has already been registered since the beginning. See 4 screenshot links below.

Please tell me what I have to do now to get this theme to actually update properly - because unfortunately you didn't offer any actual help in your previous message.

Thanks

• This message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)

After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.

thanks
  • As you can see I have 7 licenses:  https://paste.pics/7HQRI   

I purchase a new license for each domain I work on. I am doing this for a company and I don't have time to go through such a process as you described to figure this out. I just bought 6 months of extended support yesterday ...but instead- why don't you credit me and Ill just use that to buy a new license for this site which comes with support. Ill just pay the difference.

I dont have the time to try and figure out who's license is who's as I already looked and some have old temporary domains listed. Can you do this ?
  • I cannot deregister it, you have to do it by yourself - it will take you about 5-10 minutes.
    It's not a long process, you just have to provide a username and license key and then you will be able to click deregister.

Rest of the process is just registering the theme and updating it ;)
    Thanks
  • edited December 2019
    I asked if you can simply adjust what I paid for 6 month of support to use toward a new license. I explained I don't have the time to figure out which is which and mess with old licenses that I bought years ago.
  • The 6 months of support is just an access for the support forum.
    Here you can ask for helping with understanding the theme, fixing theme bugs or ask for a little css tweaks which we help with.

We do not handle with theme files customizations, js custom scripts or deregistering the license key (in some cases where license key is locked/bugged we do it)
    Thanks
  • edited December 2019
    OK, dont worry about it. This must be the twilight zone because you keep discussing things that Im not even discussing or even asking about. Who said anything about custom scripts. Thanks anyway.
  • Sorry, my bad - I through you were asking for explaining the license for support and deregistering the license.
    If you would like to ask for a refund(or adjust the payment for another license), feel free to ask for it, but on the mail support - the forum support is only for things I posted in my previous reply.

Please send this information privately thru the contact form which is on
    the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact
    Thanks
  • edited December 2019
    I got the credit for the 6 mo of support and bought a NEW license.

Now to de-register and register with the BRAND NEW license I bought, I have to go through a bunch of more steps. As I was doing it- I got this pop up :  https://paste.pics/7I8RD

It's saying to DELETE ALL THEME FILES ? And you told me to DISABLE ALL PLUGINS first before de-registering. I want to confirm all of this because I don't want to de-register and have even more problems afterwards.

Please let me know how to delete all theme files PROPERLY and the correct way to disable ALL plugins (if not simply clicking "deactivate"). I am using a Child theme- so I also want to confirm that I just delete the MAIN BeTheme, as seen in this screenshot: https://paste.pics/7I917 and how to do that becuase there is no delete button.

Thanks

• It should be enough, because BeTheme Child Theme is using the BeTheme files which were not modified - and if BeTheme files will be removed, then it will not be working properly.

If you are worried about your modifications/settings/database, please make a backup first.
    We always use the duplicator plugin, it works fine with our theme:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
    So, even if it will not pass you after removing the main BeTheme, you will be able to recover your website with that plugin in few minutes.

Thanks