PROBLEM CONTENT DUPLICATED IN RESPONSIVE

Good afternoon,
After several years working with you I have realized, in a project with which I am working lately, that although I use the "hide on mobiles" system the content really is but on display none, and google and bing are not dumb and they are telling me that I have duplicate content.
I noticed, especially in the "H" headers.
This is a serious problem since, in addition to the new BERT algorithm, Google has become very very severe with these issues and this is damaging the indexing.
Any solution to respect?
It is that if I do not see sense in being able to "have" a responsive version and a desktop version because the content is really duplicated in the code and the trackers see it, even if it is in "display: none".
The web, for example, is https://desatec.cat. I have first header in desktop with video, and responsive without video but with other image background adapted to responsive.
Other example, i have 2 different contact forms and "H" in https://desatec.cat/vaciados/ 
Thanks

Comments

• Hello,
    Sadly, there is no simple workaround.
    To avoid that, you have to rebuild your website to make it fit on desktop and mobile at the same time without creating separate sections.
    Thanks
  • So, what is for the option of the sections to show or hide them on desktop / tablet or mobile if it really does not make the information disappear?
    Thanks.
  • It's just applying the "display:none" attribute in CSS of that sections - the code is still there, it would be really hard to load the content from a database while changing the resolution.
    Thanks
  • Hi, Pablo,
    There is a solution that I use in custom made projects without builders:
    What I do is that by JS I check the screen width. If it is of the maximum size marked (for example 575px) I load the fields that are specified that are only shown in this maximum size and those that do not specify any type of concealment).

In your case, what occurred to me to have a "simple" solution would make the fields specified as "responsive or tablet or desktop" (as applicable), as they are already on display: none what I would do is remove those code from those "div" specified with some kind of class or similar; as the search engines also run JS they would detect that, in addition to being on display: none in the first instance, it is actually removed from the DOM.

I think this would be great. Another type of programming is true that it would be to modify your core a lot, but my idea I think would be something that would help the organic positioning and indexing, because duplicate content would cease to exist and really the execution of that JS would be minimal, since with a foreach In a class, it would be a quick and simple solution to improve the final structure of the content.

What do you think about the idea? Can you help them to implement it in the near future?
    SEO programmers and experts would appreciate it :)
    You already tell me. Greetings.
    PD: Sorry for my English. I hope it was understood
  • Hi,

I've been thinking about the code and something like that would work perfect.

Obviously I can implement it in the custom JS but I think it would be good if a function of this type of base was implemented.

-------

if ( $(window).width() < 768 ) {

$( 'div.hide-mobile' ).each( function (index) {

$(this).remove();

});

}

else if ( $(window).width() >= 768 && $(window).width() <= 959 ) {

$( 'div.hide-tablet' ).each( function (index) {

$(this).remove();

});

}

else {

$( 'div.hide-desktop' ).each( function (index) {

$(this).remove();

});

}

• Hello,
    removing the content with JS would be somehow a sollution. We will take that into consideration but I cannot give you a solid answer right now if this will be implemented.
    thanks
  • Yes, of course, I understand that you cannot confirm anything. As long as you consider it, it will be good for everyone.
    I was thinking of another solution that can be even more effective (depending on the inner workings of your core): it depends on how you assign the "hide-xxx" classes, instead of assigning the corresponding class to that "div", why not do you eliminate it and everything is solved? ;)
    It could be another solution!
  • Can you explain the solution or copy & paste it into this topic?

We'll surely take it into the consideration.
    thanks