homepage slider image height

edited December 2020 in Files & images

Hello,

i am unable to properly set height of images on the homepage basic slider. I am using theme herbal and there are 3 slides which have resolution 700x540 but whenever i use bigger image it will scale it with class="scale-with-grid wp-post-image" and even when i use 5000x3000 final result will be 704x371,42.

i want to keep 700x540 but i can not make this resolution from my mirror frame camera since they will be extremely blurry even with disabled wordpress compression. i want to keep that image block to be 700x540 without stretching images inside.

https://snipboard.io/JS5iB4.jpg

this is when i make 700x540px which is low quality

https://snipboard.io/b6d3t8.jpg

and this is when image is above mentioned resolution

Comments

• Hi,

The images takes its sizes from WP settings, and they are forced to be scaled up.

To change the size of the default WordPress gallery images, please go to setting->media.

Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

thanks

• Hello,

This comment does not make any sense and does not help me with my problem, since size of images is changing, somewhere it must be set to 700x540 if it is higher image will shrink. i know about settings media and resolutions but this has nothing to do with my issue. please can you answer my question? i need to release website asap and this is causing me problems and delay. thank you.

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

• Hello,

done.

• Sorry, but BeTheme and even Wordpress does not have anything in common with that problem.

Your images are blurred even on the original, uploaded size - take a look, I selected the original images(original source, not cropped/resized by wordpress tool) from Wordpress Library and it's blurred.

It looks, like the pictures are not taken correctly, they are not sharp.

Wordpress/BeTheme does not have any tool to make images sharpen/better quality.

Thanks

• Hello,

thank you for reply. I will little bit correct my first post.

when we change resolution in photoshop to 700x540 even with best possible quality etc. it will be blurry always since you throw away pixels... But my main question is:

How to put there image with more pixels for example 2000x1000 without automatic image shrinking in that block to 704x371,42.

When we upload image to gallery which is 700x540 it will be 700x540 in block, But when uploading any other resolution image and replace 700x540 it will shrink or scale to 704x371,42. i want to know why and how to disable it or how to set it up. I want to have box for image to be 700x540 even when there will be larger image, is that possible?

thank you

• It won't be possible without changing the wordpress core files, it makes several copies of your image for different devices, to make it look the best as possible - this is default for wordpress.

But, you should try what @Phil told you in his reply - wordpress makes these copies depending on the featured image sizes:

The sizes there determine the maximum resolution to use, when you add image to the media library.

If you change the dimensions there, please use the Forge Regeneration Thumbnails plugin or simply reupload the images.

Thanks