how to make the menu appear active when scrolling

I have a one page and I would like it to do the effect like your example

https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/personaltrainer3/

but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong:

- I have a transparent header

- I have defined ID's in the sections

I was looking at this thread but I didn't find a solution since I meet all the requirements (but I guess I had to activate something).

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/19230/menu-with-jump-scrolling

I saw that in the configuration options there is the "scrollable" option but it is for the "creative" type menu. I use "transparent".

But in the demo that I mentioned at the beginning, it doesn't use the "creative" option, so I don't really know what it must do for this option to be active.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Please always attach a link to your website so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost), then our help will be limited. You will have to contact us when the page is online. Also, please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us with the link.

Thanks

• I have sent the data.

• It seems that it already works, and the problem I had (although I hadn't sent a ticket about it yet) with the url's, that when clicking on an ID, left the "#ID" in the url, but when clicking on another menu to go to another ID, it did not change (although now there is no ID in the URL but it seems that everything works fine in that aspect).

Have you made any changes to my configuration?

Thanks.

• I have activated the One Page option on your page.

Now when you scroll down the page, the correct menu item is highlighted.

Is that what you wanted to achieve?

Best regards

• edited April 2022

Yes! totally.

As I had problems in other open tickets, I didn't want to modify anything from the WP edit (and, obviously, I didn't know about this option since I had never worked with your builder on a one page).

Every day you learn new things :)

What if I found a small bug and I've been looking for several minutes what it could be and I can't find...

I tell you:

In the menu I have a "historia" item (which is marked correctly when the section with the corresponding ID appears inside the screen). So far perfect.

But, the next menu item I have is "plataforma y equipo", but it lights up before I enter that ID (comment that before the "plataforma y equipo" section there is a section with no ID (with the blue background) .

I attached a video for you to see (sorry for my english):

It also happens downwards: I have a section with a sticky element and it seems that the behavior is also erratic, both when scrolling down and scrolling up.

(you can test it by previewing the site)

I don't know if when the copy of one page is active all the sections have to have an established ID (that is, there can't be any section without an ID) or something like that.

I suppose there must be some mandatory condition that I am not fulfilling.

If not, then better have your opinion.

Thank you.

• This is how our OnePage menu highlight works.

Even when you focus on the section without any ID, the menu item will still be highlighted.

It is hardcoded in the theme, and there is no setting to change that.

Best regards

• I think you misunderstood the problem:

The thing is that it gets highlighted BEFORE you get to the section/ID in question.

Watch the video to see the practical case, please.

Thanks.

• Yes, I saw that, and I was referring to it.

This is how it works, and there is no setting to change that.

I can only suggest adding an ID to that section and a menu item (or a sub-menu) that will lead to it.

Best regards

• I understand that this is how it works, but I think it shouldn't be.

I think there is an error or that the option that there is a section without ID has not been thought of.

Actually, the verification operation would be that if the ID "x" is in the offset of the window that corresponds to it, the menu is illuminated (or activated). But if there is no ID, there is no reason to illuminate a menu (the next ID) if it is not true that you are in that position.

I see it like this: If you are in the ID it has to light up. Yes No No.

I understand that you tell me that it works like this, but I think that some more behavior is missing in the JS function that does the calculations.

Likewise, if you decide that this is not an error and that this functionality should not be communicated to the development team so that they can "correct" or "take into account this type of case", could you indicate the file where this part of the JS is located so that can I correct it by doing an override in the child theme?

Thanks

• Please, let us know about it on the following topic:

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/113/your-suggestions-for-future-updates#latest

We will take your idea into account, and discuss it.

Thanks