Product template and WPML

2»

Comments

• edited October 2022

As long as it's resonated, all good.

Question about templates:

If I want a template translated and assigned to the corresponding translated category, should I duplicate it and translate independently or should I hit the "+" to add translation and then modify the template texts (without "duplicate")?

On the other hand, do you recommend me to use the WPML editor or can I do it directly from BeBuilder?

Thanks

• edited October 2022

Guys I think something has happened on the web after trying things...

Texts appear that shouldn't "test1", "test2" and the styles have been unbalanced and the short description (the map) appears when it shouldn't.

I also see that there are changed titles, in Catalan the title appears in Spanish although the content is in Catalan.

all very weird

• 1) I suggest using the "+" button, and WPML editor because I think that is the fastest and easiest way to translate your templates (and other stuff like pages, etc.).

But after all, it depends on what you prefer more, and which way suits you.

2) I believe it is because of the testing templates I did not delete. Now I removed them. Can you check if everything is fine now, please?

Best regards

• edited October 2022

Yes perfect now it looks good.

I see two things for that (I don't know if you are still investigating or testing):

1) There are several templates created by you that I don't know if they are there because you keep testing. If not, will they be removed?

2) The template that I created for the products that are in the "eventos" and "esdeveniments" category is now assigned to "all products" and should only be assigned to the products in the "eventos" and "esdeveniments" categories since , as it is now (in "all products") it worked; what did not work is that a template assigned only to the products of a category would detect the translated categories. So I don't know if this has actually been checked, because it was the real bug.

Thank you

• 1) They can be removed, we finished testing.

2) I do not want to misunderstand you. Can you attach screenshots showing what you refer to, please?

Thanks

• Now, in both languages, the conditions are set to "all products" and that works. If you look at the beginning of this discussion you will see that the real problem is when the conditions were marked with a category (and its translation).

So, I really don't know what you guys have been investigating or fixing.

Thanks.

• The templates were not assigned to the correct categories set in the condition, and we fixed that.

Now every template for a particular language is assigned correctly and displayed correctly, which was a problem at the beginning of this discussion.

The templates from your screenshot are assigned correctly, right?

So is, for example, this template:

When you open the product with the category "test cat," it will have this template assigned.

So are the rest of the templates created on your website.

Best regards