Plain Text

edited August 2015 in BeBuilder
Hi there,
I've checked the forum but can't figure this out:
Can someone tell me which shortcode I need to add plain text to my page?
In another theme I used, I had the shortcode for text and headers.
Now I just want to post some text but don't know how to do this.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi,

to use plain text, you can use "Column" item for example. Inside you can use plain html or text.
  • Thank you very mucht. Appologies for the late response.
  • Sorry, first check awnser, than reply... 
    If I use 'Column' than all text is put behind eachother. So no enters or design.
    What I need is an text field (if possible with WYSIWYG editor) so I can fill and design my pages with content. 
  • If you want WYSIWYG editor then please use Visual Editor item instead.
  • Yes that is exactly what I was looking for...!
    Is it correct that I don't have a scrollbar to scroll down to the bottom of the text?
    I'm working with Chrome... maybe it's a bug.
  • This is WP feature and it is not related with theme. More details about this feature you can read on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1007/fixed-visual-editor-text-area-not-scrolling
  • OK, thanks. 
    I've created a couple of pages today with the Visual Editor. Worked perfect.
    But I've reloged in and when I edit the text, all the design features disapear. All text is put behind each other and no more enters. Does this sounds familiar? Did I checked something on/off?!
    To make things work, I enter all content in HTML but when I save the page and edit the text again, it's default on visual design and removes the html tags...

Other question: 
    I want to change the line hight of the basic/general text. I've created a class in Custom CSS but I don't know how to connect it to my text.

Thanks again for your time and help.
  • This is how WP Editor works. If you want to use plain html, we recommend to use "Column" item where this does not happen.

In accordance to 2nd question, if you set class in Custom CSS section, you should add the same class for the text on page.
  • Hi, here I am again.. ;)
    I've collected all the issues I struggling with. I hope it's ok to post these all in the message.

Visual Editor
    Yes I know that that's how the WP Editor works but I've used the Visual Editor. With this editor I should/could design the pages as I want. But when I re-logedin (sorry for my English) It all changed the design - wich was correct - and all design (enters, text design) where deleted. + I can't scroll down to the bottom of the content!
    Please see screenshot on this page: http://schoonheidssalonwish.nl/?page_id=102

CSS
    Can you please tell me step-by-step how to link the class to the content? If I trie this the way I think it should work, it doesn't. I've created a new class named ".blue" It's only changing color of the text.

Table
    How can I edit the table? Width, insert or delete a row/column? Do I really need to do this by hand in the code? I can't find any directions in other discussions.

Permalinks
    The name of the links are on default. When I change this at the globel WP settings to Page/post name, all menu links aren't working. It's linking to the correct slug but doens't display the page.

Thanks again.
  • Visual Editor
    Did you turned on/off the option which was described on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1007/fixed-visual-editor-text-area-not-scrolling ? Because this is the only option responsible for scrolling inside WYSIWYG.

CSS
    What for this class is? Where can we check this class and what colors you want to change exactly? We need more details.

Table
    If you mean plain html table, then by default it always fit to content which is inside and if you want to play with sizes, then you need to play with custom code.

Permalinks
    This must be related with .htaccess file on your server. Probably file does not have right permissions and this is the reason why links can not be saved properly.

P.S. We appreciate if you can write one question per one topic next time. Thanks!
  • Visual Editor
    I can't find the 'swich' see printscreen. 
    http://schoonheidssalonwish.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/scroll-bug.jpg
    I also cleared my cache but no changes. But that's not the biggest issue, that is the 'bug' that I can't design my text correctly. 

And the whole class is 
    .blue { color: #00a0e2;}
    and I put this code in the theme options Custom CSS

Do you have any documentation about the permalinks/htaccess file? I've installed everything automaticly.

Thanks in advance.

• If you don't see this option, it means that something is wrong with your WP installation. We recommend to switch to English language and re-install wp files via FTP. This is WP feature and must come with default wp installation.

All information about permalinks you can read on https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks
  • Ok I will check, thanks. What about the design 'bug'?

With this editor I should/could design the pages as I want. But when I re-logedin (sorry for my English) It all changed the design - wich was correct - and all design (enters, text design) where deleted. + I can't scroll down to the bottom of the content!
    Please see screenshot on this page: http://schoonheidssalonwish.nl/?page_id=102

• Sorry but we do not understand the second part of your question. Can you try to explain what you ask for once again? We don't know if you refer to the same thing for all the time. Because if you do, then as we wrote, this option responsible for scrolling WYSIWYG does not belong to theme. The best proof will be if you will switch to any default wp theme and you will see the same behave.
  • Ok, I will try to explain it again.
    I've created a text page, design the text with Visual Editor. Bold, enters, all did fine. After a couple of days I re-login and what to edit some of the designed text. But when I edit the text, all the enters dissapear and all the lines are placed behind eachoter.
    When I create a new page, I get the same. It looks like I've 'broken' something..!

See new printscreen here;
  • Please re-install theme and WP because wordpress is responsible for removing br tags under wysiwyg. Theme does not have any impact on this behave.
  • If I re-install the theme, which back-up files should I (or not) put back?
    Do I need to set-up the site completely again?
  • No, you don't need to set-up the site again because all stuff and settings are stored in database. All details about theme update you can read on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/13/how-update-to-the-new-version-of-be-theme (we recommend to updates files via FTP). Also, do the same with wordpress files itself.
  • I've downloaded the latest version of the theme and paste al the files via FTP.
    No changes.
    I've downloaded and installed the latest version of the Dutch Wordpress > no changes.
    I've downloaded and try to installed the latest version of the English Wordpress. I even edit the WP-config file for the language but I still keeps Dutch. But even replacing the English install files, still no changes. All text behind eachother and no scroll option.
    Is it possible for you to look at the backend of my site? 
  • One more thing - switch to default WP theme and let us know if you got the same behave with default WP theme.