Custom Post type

Hello!

Hey, I'm trying to create a new custom post type with a custom new template for it. I have almost everything working but I found an issue and I hope you can help me with it. 

How can I add the layout and sidebar options to the custom post type? I'm just trying to all of them to have a right sidebar and an specific sidebar. 

Thanks a lot for the help!

Best, Jorge

Comments

• Hi Jorge,

unfortunately we do not offer files modification so we can not give any solution in that case. But, you can check files that are under includes/ folder. These are custom post types and you can check how we did the sidebars inside those files.

Thanks for understanding!
  • This is funny ya ask everyone at the end to understand you. I would say this is highly unprofessional reply. I have same issue and i have been banging my head to get this right. Only option i could see is custom code it from scratch.

Wordpress Codex uses templates system for custom post type archive/single and i would say Avada/Enfold allow me to use the templates be it page or single and sidebars get inherited automatically.

• @sudie97 And it is possible to use custom post types with BeTheme as we'll but like we wrote above, we do not offer any customization. For any changes on your site is responsible website developer only. We are WP developers and such modification does not belong to us. If you don't know what is included into support, we recommend to check Item Support Policy.
  • No sir this is the codex and you got to read it. It states 

Make a copy of the single.php or archive.php file as a starting point. That way they will inherit some of the theme's html structure. Remember to add the post type name to the file ex. archive-post_type.php. From there you may want to customize further...

So i have been doing this like that for many years now. copy over a page.php or archive.php rename it as template-custompage.php or single-custompostype.php or archive-customposttype.php and violla things worked. I have used Avada, Enfold, Flatsome, Bazar and many many themes till date and all of the above worked like that save this Be theme. Now that demands some explanation as to why would this not work like 98% themes do some i even got for free. I must admit I am a fan of your page editor. Visual Composer or Fusioncore or the AVia Builder ( Kriesi supplies with Enfold) can't match it, but this lack of basic functionality is troubling me.

• @sudie97 More details about that we left on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/9722/sidebars-dont-show-on-custom-post-type-archive#latest and we appreciate if you can keep writing in one topic only.