Muffin Options not showing due to Woocommerce plugin

Hello,

We have a problem where when you go to the Muffin/Betheme options, the options don't appear. The categories on the left are there, but no matter which one you click none of the options appear. I've found out that it's Woocommerce that's causing the problem.

When woocommerce is activated a message appears at the top of Wordpress Admin that says, "Your theme (Betheme) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. You can see which files are affected from the system status page. If in doubt, check with the author of the theme."

In the system status page it showed that the memory limit in the wp-config.php file was at 40 MB. This text was in red and recommended increasing it to 64 MB. I tried to do this in the file manager. I didn't see any code specifying that the memory limit was set to 40 MB so I just pasted the code define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M' ); at the bottom of the php file. The system status page still says the memory limit is 40 MB.

I'm not sure if the memory limit is the real issue, or if I need to update Betheme's Woocommerce page templates. Please help. Let me know if you need any more information.

Comments

• Hi,

if Muffin Options are empty after installation, it means your server is limited. In this case we recommend to deactivate all plugins first and after that click “Save changes” button under empty Muffin Options panel. But if this won’t help, then please check topics below where we explained what may be limited on server side:

http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/464/betheme-options-page-stops-working-muffin-options-saving

http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1908/backend-not-funtioning-after-last-update-muffin-options-is-not-loading

Thanks!

P.S. Yes, it is memory issue. Just create files with phpinfo() details and give us the link so we can show you how your real stats looks like.
  • OK, clicking the Save Options did make the Muffin Options appear again, but many of my previous changes and custom css are gone. Luckily it was mostly just fonts and colors which I quickly fixed through the theme options. I've gone ahead and increased the memory limit to 256, like it said in one of the forum links you sent, but I'm still getting issues with the Muffin/Betheme Options appearing when Woocommerce is activated.

We've contacted our hosting to see if they could increase memory limit on our entire server.

Let me know if you need any other information.
  • If memory has been increase and Muffin Options still won't save, then please ask your admin to increase the following values as well: upload_max_filesize, max_execution_time, post_max_size and max_input_vars (this last one should be minimum 10000). But if this won't help, then we really have no idea what else could be limited on your server.
  • Thank you. I will relay this information and request and increase on these values on our server.
  • Success! The Bethme options are now working while Woocommerce is active.

We got someone from the server to increase the memory to the following values:

=====================
    root@server [/home/av8clients/public_html/development/hitchdemon]# grep upload_max_filesize php.ini 
    upload_max_filesize = 64M
    root@server [/home/av8clients/public_html/development/hitchdemon]# grep max_execution_time php.ini
    max_execution_time = 120
    root@server [/home/av8clients/public_html/development/hitchdemon]# grep post_max_size php.ini
    post_max_size = 64M
    root@server [/home/av8clients/public_html/development/hitchdemon]# grep max_input_vars php.ini
    max_input_vars = 1000
    root@server [/home/av8clients/public_html/development/hitchdemon]# grep memory_limit php.ini
    memory_limit = 256M
    =====================

Thank you for your help!
  • Great ;) We're glad to hear that all works fine now!