Google Fonts and the GDPR (new european data protection law)

Hello,

I'm building a new website (https://www.fabian-bruskowski.de/) using beTheme and I found that beTheme uses Google Fonts. According to the GDPR Fonts shouldn't be loaded from a Google Server, but rather be stored and loaded from my own local server that's because Google stores the IP Adresses and thoose data protection guys seem to have a problem with that. Now in order to be compliant to the GDPR I went to theme options > fonts and put the fonts I needed in the field where it says: "Google Fonts Subset. Specify which subsets should be downloaded. Multiple subsets should be separated with coma (,)". My first question is: Is this the correct way, if I want to get the fonts loaded not from Google servers, but from local?
If yes, then why are there still fonts loaded from fonts.googleapis.com even after I did thoose adaptions? I went to Google Chrome, opened my new website, opened the context menue, selected explore and then under sources there is still "fonts.googleapis.com" listed...

Hope you can help me with this one...

Best regards,
Jan

Comments

• Hello,
    you would have to download those fonts and add them in your child theme or use the option to upload 2 custom fonts in fonts>custom.
    Then use the fonts normally as you would.

The css would look like this:
    @font-face {
    font-family: 'Your Font Name';
    src: url('URL-TO-YOUR-CHILD-THEME-FOLDER/font-file-name.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */
    src: url('URL-TO-YOUR-CHILD-THEME-FOLDER/font-file-name.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */
    url('URL-TO-YOUR-CHILD-THEME-FOLDER/font-file-name.woff2') format('woff2'), /* Super Modern Browsers */
    url('URL-TO-YOUR-CHILD-THEME-FOLDER/font-file-name.woff') format('woff'), /* Pretty Modern Browsers */
    url('URL-TO-YOUR-CHILD-THEME-FOLDER/font-file-name.ttf') format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */
    url('URL-TO-YOUR-CHILD-THEME-FOLDER/font-file-name.svg#svgFontName') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */
    }
    thanks