Featured image size and header on blog post

Hi guys, a couple of things....

Firstly, I can't seem to get my blog featured image size to change. I have tried adjusting the sizes in the theme options and regenerating the thumbnails but it doesn't seem to change. Any ideas? I am looking to size at about 1240X480.

Secondly, I have a header space that I don't know how to get rid of, its black and ugly. Any ideas please? Thanks.

Lastly, the blog title is above the picture, Any ideas how I can get it below the featured image without underlapping the menu at the top?

Comments

• Hello,
    1. Do you mean the actual size of the image on the post page, or do you want a higher resolution?
    2. Go to theme options>header&subheader>header and change the minimalist option.
    3. You would have to remove the title and paste it manually for each post, there is no other way.
    thanks
  • Hi thanks for your reply.

If you have a look at the post here http://coursemateapp.co.uk/app-2/golf_club_push_notification/ I have removed the header but your layout now hides the title underneath the menu.

If I cannot place the blog title under the picture, is there a way to move the whole page down a bit so the blog title is not under the menu? Also, can I centre the blog title?

RE point 1, I mean the actual size of the feature image, I want the image to be as wide as the margins.

Many thanks!
  • Please, make your title hidden so we can see the problem.
    Thanks.
  • edited June 2018
    I don't understand, you can see the problem - the title of the post is underneath the top menu.

Also, can I have a solution for the size of the featured post picture please? Thanks
  • I have now hidden the title...
  • Hi,
    Please change your header to minimalist without header space in BeTheme > Theme Options > Header & Subheader > Header.

To make your feature image wider, paste this CSS code:
    .single-post .section-post-header .single-photo-wrapper.image .image_frame {
    max-width: 100% !important;
    }
    Thanks
  • Hi, thanks, I have done that and put the title back onto the blog but it is still underneath the menu.

Any ideas please?

Thanks for the CSS BTW

• Any help on this one please?
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • I have done this!
  • Sorry but the login and password does not match, please check that and send us the credentials again.
    thanks
  • Very odd, I have sent you a new message with a new password, let me know how you get on, thanks
  • Hey, we fixed it with some custom css, this will be fixed in the next theme update.
    cheers
  • Okay, so I sent you my details for assistance but I have had nothing back, can you please update me on the above, thank you.
  • Can you let me know what the custom CSS is please? Otherwise the blog on my site looks poor, thanks.
  • You must have saved the theme options while I was adding the custom css.
    Please add this Custom CSS in theme options > custom css & js.

body.minimalist-header.header-fixed:not(.template-slider) #Header{
    min-height:90px !important;
    }
    Thanks.
  • not sure what that was supposed to do but it didn't seem to do anything!

Let me just confirm the following:

I am using a fixed header
    Blog titles are appearing underneath the menu header

The CSS you gave me does not seem to do anything. Cheers
  • BTW it does the same with portfolio posts too.
  • Add this custom CSS code i sent you and refresh your browser cache.
    It's taking down your blog title.
    Thanks.
  • Cleared everything, it doesn't seem to be working for me!
  • Tried other browsers too, nothing!
  • That's because you have pasted it incorrectly.

Please delete it and paste this code I posted above again, on the top of custom css codes.
    Thanks.
  • Sorry, I am not understanding what you want me to do with the CSS, your picture does not show where you placed the code.

Remember, some of us are not experts in CSS and need very specific guidance, thanks.
  • edited June 2018
    Edit your Custom CSS in BeTheme > Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS

1)
    Delete two back slashes before body

2)
    Delete <style> from end of your Custom CSS code

Thanks.

• Hi, your pictures do not show :(
  • There is a problem with prntscr service.
    Please copy and paste it manually to browser.
    Thanks.
  • Okay, my custom CSS did not have the backslashes, so I didn't have any to delete.

It looks to me like you are not looking at the same thing as me, that is why I gave you the login to my backend.

My Custom CSS currently looks like this, inside the theme options section:

body.minimalist-header.header-fixed:not(.template-slider) #Header{
    min-height:90px !important;
    }

.page-id-385 .post-excerpt {
    display:none !important;
    }

.swpm-login-form-register-link {
        display: none;
    }

.image_frame .image_wrapper .image_links { display: none; }

.page-id-283 a.responsive-menu-toggle { display: none !important; }
    .page-id-385 .zoom_box .desc { display: none !important; }
    .page-id-385 .zoom_box .photo img { transform: scale(1) !important; }

.single-post .section-post-header .single-photo-wrapper.image .image_frame {

.single-portfolio .section-post-header .single-photo-wrapper.image .image_frame {

.image_frame:hover .image_wrapper img, .image_frame.hover .image_wrapper img { top: 0px; }

.single-portfolio .image_frame .image_wrapper .mask { display: none !important; }
    .single-portfolio .image_frame .image_wrapper .image_links { display: none !important; }

.page-id-385 #Header { min-height: 0px !important; }
    .page-id-12571 #Header { min-height: 0px !important; }
    .page-id-12576 #Header { min-height: 0px !important; }

@media screen and (max-height: 575px){
    #rc-imageselect, .g-recaptcha {transform:scale(0.77);-webkit-transform:scale(0.77);transform-origin:0 0;-webkit-transform-origin:0 0;}
    }
  • We logged in again and saw that you changed the height of the logo back to its original size. We managed to set the minimalist option to ON which fixed the issue.
    cheers
  • Okay, I am not getting this at all, are you certain that you are looking at my website? According to my browsers, there has been no change in anything to do with this at all. Single blog posts STILL have their title under the header menu and no matter how I mess around, I cannot get it to sit under the menu in an organised way unless I use a classic menu instead of the fixed menu, which is not ideal.

I can get the header space to show but it is black, which is of no help at all. Is there a way to have this header space in white?

Thanks!

• It is changed.
    Please do not overwrite the Theme Options while we work on your website.
    Close the website completly and open it again.
    Thanks.