Need new clean copy of homepage for the Cafe2 theme

I somewhat destroyed the homepage and did not make a copy first. 

Where can I get a new clean copy of the HOMEPAGE for Cafe2. My webpage is www.StephanieBavaro.com

Comments

• Hi,
    You can only import the whole pre-built website and not the individual pages, so it will be not possible.
    What you will need to do is this:
    1. Create a subdomain for the current domain.
    2. Install BeTheme there and register it with the same license key.
    3. Install the Cafe2 pre-built website.
    4. Edit the home page and use the import/export tool to move the builder content to your home page.
    thanks
  • Can't I just look at the code from the FIRST version of the homepage in the version control?

That is sad I am finding so many basic things (like simple 301 Redirects) that BeTheme can't handle. :( 

• All changes of Theme are stored in database, so it won't be able to notice in files.
    Cheers.
  • There is no version history to the web pages?? I can't look at or restore previous versions of my webpages? 
  • If you will wipe all your settings with Database Reset (which ask you to do it while installing new pre-built website), you can start from beginning.

You can't restore previous version of your website if you don't have a backup copy of it.
    Try to contact your hosting provider and ask him about some database copies, maybe they were doing backups.
    If not, just wipe the database with this tool and install this theme one more time.
    Cheers.
  • I have made way too many change/additions/pages/etc to start over. That would be crazy. So, there really is no way for me to get a simple copy of the HOMEPAGE file to the Cafe2 theme? 

Thanks, Pablo. I know these limitations are with BeTheme and not you. I am simply very surprised as the previous website I owned had a much worse theme but did these basic things. 

FYI, my website is www.StephanieBavaro.com. All I really want to do is to get the slider images working... 
  • There is other solution to this problem.
    Do what Bryan said, you will not delete your website and you will be able to copy the homepage code and paste it to main domain.
    You can use the same license key on the same domain.

That's all what we can suggest you.
    Cheers
  • But won't that add an ENTIRE website as a subdomain to my website and then I will have to clean it all up? Can one of you download the Cafe2 to a site and extract the homepage and send it to me? That should be easy for you to do and solve everything. :)
  • We cannot help you like this, we must keep the rules.
    You will have to clean only your subdomain, not whole hosting.
    It's not harmfull or hard, please do it.
    Cheers.
  • How EXACTLY do I 
    1. Create a subdomain for the current domain.
    HOW?

2. Install BeTheme there and register it with the same license key.
    How do I ensure I am installing it on the subdomain and not replacing the main site?
    Also, I only bought one license. Does that allow me to install to a subdomain?

3. Install the Cafe2 pre-built website.
    Exactly how? From where?

4. Edit the home page and use the import/export tool to move the builder content to your home page.
    I understand this. 
    But. 
    Then, how do I delete the entire subdomain?

I am sure this is easy for you. I have never done this before. The instructions above tell me WHAT to do, but not exactly HOW to do it. There is a HIGH likelihood that I will destroy my site. 

THanks. 

• 2) You can use your license key many times on same domain.

3) After installing BeTheme, just install pre-built website on subdomain BeTheme.

4) Just deregister the theme (subdomain) and delete it through ftp, just delete.

Thanks.
  • edited August 2018
    Getting there... 
    1) Complete. It is called http://theme.stephaniebavaro.com/ :)
    2&3) Complete (thanks to SiteGround)
    4) Not needed! I have decided I want to keep the raw theme there as a pristine example of the theme. 

*** NEW QUESTION (and I can open a new thread if needed): The one thing the has NEVER worked (on StephanieBavaro.com and now on Theme.StephanieBavaro.com) are the sliders on the homepage (like on https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/cafe2/) . What do I need to do to get the sliders on my homepage working like https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/cafe2/?

Thanks!
  • From the version 20, we have introduced a new way of installing sliders. Now, when you install a pre-built website, the slider is imported automatically.  You can also import them without installing the pre-built website.
    Here is a screenshot for better understanding:
    http://prntscr.com/h85ybi

If you do not see this option, please make sure that revolution slider is installed and active. Also, the version of your theme must be 20.0 or more.

Also, the shortcode of slider can be found in Theme Options > Global > Advanced

thanks
  • Yes, The BeTheme Version is 20.9.5.6.1 and the Slider Revolution is installed and active. 
    Slider Revolution

Slider Revolution - Premium responsive slider

Version 5.4.8
  • What Pablo was trying to say is that you can import any slider you desire from any pre-built website.
    Just select a pre-built website and import slider data only.
    thanks
  • Thanks Bryan. How do I do that? With the WP bakery, how do I even import the contents of one page to another? I installed a new/clean version of my Cafe2 theme at subdomain theme.stephaniebavaro.com. How do I get the content from the subdomain homepage to the homepage at stephaniebavaro.com?

Just help me understand some of the HOW's and I will get this. 

Thanks -- S
  • Hi,
    1) I told you in post above from me, how to download sliders without installing whole website.
    If you want to change the slide in the header, after installing slider.
    Please go to Theme Options > Global > Advanced
    And paste the shortcode of this slider.

2) In this topic, there is an answer for you question about the copying content from one website to another

Thanks.