Missing Alt Tag on Logo

We are getting errors saying that we are missing alt tags on our logo.

I researched this before submitting a discussion ticket, and found that BeTheme says that the logo's alt tag should be pulling from the WordPress Site Title, or the Alt tag field in the Media library.

All of these fields are populated, but the alt tag is not pulling.

Please Advise.

Comments

• Hi,
    1)
    Please open your website in Firefox html mode (CTRL+U) and check html errors you got. Please fix them first and all should be fine.

2)
    Disable all of the plugins, clear cache and try again.
    Thanks.
  • This did not work. I am not showing any errors, and I turned off all the plugins and tested. The Alt tag is still not pulling. Please advise. Where should the alt tag be pulling from: the media library, the Site Title in Settings, or somewhere else?

We had tried add the alt tag with jQuery but this is not being read by Search Engines. We have removed this code so you can see that the alt tag is not pulling.

• Alt tag should be a description only, not any link or something like this.
    Thanks.
  • I don't understand.... I am not trying to add a link or anything BUT words to this alt tag.

Are you saying there is an issue with the <body> tag on the site? Please be more clear. Thank you.
  • It can be fault of your JS script, can you disable it?
    To be sure, did you add a ALT tag while uploading the logo?

Thanks
  • The image does have an alt tag in the Media library. I removed all of our custom JS and reloaded the page, and the alt tag still does not load. 
  • Please insert the alt tag into the image of logo in Media.
    Tell me, are you using a Child theme or Parent?
    If Child, switch to parent, thanks.
  • The image DOES have an alt tag in the media library. We are using a child theme. When I activate the parent theme, the alt tag still does not show.
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • We cheked and everything works fine. We created a test page and inserted an image. It has an alt-tag:

Please disable optimize/cache plugins when performing such changes. You were probably not able to see the changed due to the plugin cache.
    thanks
  • We are NOT having an issue with alt tags displaying within pages.

Our issue, from the beginning, has been that the LOGO is NOT DISPLAYING THE ALT TAG.

Please, this should not be that difficult, and we have done everything that BeTheme has documented about where the Alt tag pulls from, but it is not pulling.

PLEASE FOCUS ON THE ISSUE THAT THE LOGO'S ALT TAG IS NOT PULLING ACROSS THE SITE.

Thank you!
  • edited August 2018
    You have to download the logo and upload it again. This is a problem with the method/plugin for moving the website that you used. It was wrongly added in the database.
    thanks
  • The logo we need to upload is an SVG and BeTheme now will not allow this upload. We are running Wordpress 4.9.7.

In our dev environment, we are running the following in our functions.php:

function cc_mime_types($mimes) {
      $mimes['svg'] = 'image/svg+xml';
      $mimes['svgz'] = 'image/svg+xml';
      return $mimes;
    }
    add_filter('upload_mimes', 'cc_mime_types');

And in our wp-config:

define( 'ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS', true );

Why are we unable to upload our SVG logo to the site?
  • Hi,
    What's the error while uploading the .svg logo?
    Thanks
  • "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons."
  • Up until June of this year, we have been able to upload SVGs to the media library, and now we need to upload a new svg logo for the ALT tag to show on the site....
  • Wordpress blocks some types of files.
    Use this plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-real-mime-check/
    after you use it, please disable and remove it.
    thanks
  • This is not a valid plugin. The documentation of the plugin states this was for the SVG issue that came with wordpress 4.7.1 and 4.7.2, and that the plugin should be removed in wordpress 4.7.3. We are running version 4.9.7.

I tried the plugin, anyway, and the SVG will not upload to the media library. The PHP code I specified above should eliminate the need of a plugin. There's something wrong with the theme if it is preventing the upload of SVGs with that code...
  • This is not fault of the theme.
    Also, we do not support custom scripts.

Please, disable all of the plugins(because it can be a fault of it too) and delete all of the scripts.
    Change Theme to Parent Theme and try to upload it again.

Thanks.