Install of WPBakery Page Builder not working

Hi
I cant install the WPBakery Page Builder plugin. It gives the following :

Download failed. cURL error 56: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

I have checked with my hosting provider and cURL is enabled. My theme is also activated.

Please assist

Comments

• Hi,
    Please disable all of the plugins, clear cache
    Be sure that your theme is up to date
    Then try to install plugins
    Thanks.
  • I have done so. The only plugin that wont install is WPBakery...... not sure what else to do?
  • edited August 2018
    Please show me your System Status in BeTheme > System Status (send a screenshot)
    Also, Is API server connection green? (BeTheme > Dashboard)

Thanks
  • API server connection is green

How do I add an attachment to this discussion (for the system status screenshot request?) Just pasted as text for now

Welcome
    System status
    Manual & Support
    Changelog

Server Environment

• Server Info
      nginx/1.14.0

• MySQL Version

• PHP Version

7.2.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.2

• PHP Memory Limit

256 MB

• PHP Time Limit

• PHP Max Input Vars

• WP Max Upload Size
      64 MB

• cURL Yes

• DOMDocument Yes

• php.ini values are shown above. Real values may vary, please check your limits using php_info().

For more details about file creation, please see this tutorial.

WordPress Environment

• Are you using a Child or Parent Theme?
    Switch it to Parent.

Also, please contact your hosting provider again and talk with him about firewall or other web defence system.
    On our side everything works fine, it must be a hosting problem.

Thanks.
  • edited August 2018
    Used a child theme. I did switch it over and it made no difference. Hosting provider says there is nothing on their side preventing the install..... so now I am stuck in the middle with no resolution.....

I have also tried on my other website that uses the BeTheme to update WPbakery Page Builder plugin and I get the same error.....Please check to see if there is an issue with your api and WPbakery installs/updates...
  • I have just installed the layer slider on my site and it worked perfectly... so I assume the wpbakery installs in the same way using your api so I dont think it can be a hosting issue.
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • So I asked the hosting provider to increase the php time limit from 300 to 600 and wpbakery installed successfully.

So know you know what the fix is and I hope this can help others who have had the same issue.