Adding text to slider

Hi guys,

Trying to setup slider using slider revolution, can add in background image but when trying to add in text I cannot add or select font, colour etc. All these options are greyed out. I also can't even type in the text for this text layer.

Also tried to add in a button and this also doesn't work.

I have followed your documentation but it's still not working, what I am doing wrong?

Regards

Kim Howell

Comments

• Hi,
    Please be familiar with this documentation:

Also, disable all of the plugins, clear the cache and check again.
    Thanks
  • Thanks Pablo, also getting errors with the slider revolution plugin, trying to locate and remove the double jquery.js include. Where might I find this?
  • Please send me a link to screenshot of whole error message.
    Thanks.
  • Hi Pablo,

Please see link to screen shot of error message, it seems to keep happening and for some reason also the nav bar has been pushed to the left. I have set this up so it's right align. Not sure if this is due to the slider rev error.

Regards

Kim

• Hi Pablo,

Also having issues trying to add in sections within the WPBakery Page builder. Even a simple text box on both Front and also Back end editor won't save.

Having a lot of issues with this theme, do I need an update for the theme or plugins. When I intalled updating of the plugins before I started using.

Kim
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

Have just sent over details via the message window, also I did a fresh install of the Theme but for some reason all the draft page also don't get installed.

Would like to get this sorted, as I purchased this theme based on all the positive reviews and I having nothing but issues. Most fustrating as it shouldn't be this hard.

If this continues would like to see about getting a refund.

Regards

Kim
  • Hi Pablo,

Have you had a chance to look at this issues yet for me?

Thanks in advance

Kim
  • Hi,
    We didn't get any message from you.
    Please check your mail and your spam mail folder. Maybe you get a response from us.
    If not, please send us message again and be sure that all
    asked informations are inserted into the message.
    Thanks.
  • Responded to email this morning.
  • We cannot access your wp-admin page.

Maybe it's redirection or plugin issue.
    Cheers.
  • That's the current website.

• Hi,
    I tested it and slider is working fine.
    I added text, changed the color, font and weight of it - there is no issue.

But, there is still this jQuery issue.
    Please send us FTP access to your website using the same contact form as you did when sending login details.
    Please remember to attach a link to this disscussion.
    Thanks
  • Hi,
    I tested it and slider is working fine.
    I added text, changed the color, font and weight of it - there is no issue.

We deactivated and activated all of the plugins and everything works fine.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

Have just sent over FTP details now, thanks for having a look will go in the admin panel and have a look.

So you will look at the jquery issue and what about the issue where I cannot save new sections or moved section within the WPBakery Page builder?

Kim
  • Your PHP_Max_Input_Vars global value is too small.

If your global value is smaller than local, then local value is limited to global.
    Please contact your hosting provider and tell him, to increase max_input_vars to 5000.
    Thanks.
  • Thanks Pablo, will ask the hosting provider and get this increased.

Will this then fix all issues with not being able to add in sections?

And is the duplicate issue with jQuery fixed as well?

Kim

• Yes, this will fix the sections issue.
    Also, this jQuery is already fixed.
    Thanks.
  • Hi Pablo,

Have heard back from the hosting company and according to them the local value should override the global.

Have asked if the global value can be changed.

If it can't what are the next steps?

Kim
  • Hi Pablo,

Here what the hosting company have said:

The global value can't be changed nor does it need to be to adjust that value for
    your site, the devs may assume that the global value is the only one applicable here
    but as mentioned in your case we override it. If there is an issue with the theme
    it will be something else, I enabled your error log now under logs or otherwise
    please advise how we can duplicate this issue.
  • We had a lot of issues as yours, and it can be fixed only with increasing global value of max_input_vars (to 5000)
    Local value is always limited to global value.

If your hosting cannot provide increasing max input vars, all we can suggest is changing the hosting provider.
    Thanks.
  • Hi Pablo,

I can't really change the hosting platform as I have multisite's setup with them.

Is there any other way to get this sorted out?

Kim
  • Hi Pablo,

Can you provide what the exact issue is apart from the max_input_vars? Is there any underlaying issues that causes the error?

Regards

Kim
  • Hi Pablo,

Speaking with the hosting company and the have said the following:

Local value is always limited to global value.
    Is utterly incorrect!

`master` is either the value compiled into PHP, or set via a main `php.ini` directive. e.g. The value that's in effect when PHP fires up, before it executes any of your code.
    `local` is the value that's currently in effect at the moment you call `phpinfo()`. This local value is the END result of any overrides that have taken place via `ini_set()` calls, `php_value` directives in httpd.conf/.htaccess, .user.ini etc.

Have did a internet search and it might be due to a plugin conflict. Disabling each one in turn and clearing cache. Trying that now and slider rev now not working (wasn't the plugin I disabled). Getting the double jquery message again.

Regards

Kim

• Dear Kim,
    lets forget about the hosting for a moment. We created a new page on your current server and it works fine. We have built it with Visual Composer and the front-end and back-end editor works fine and saves.
    Please tell us where and when you cannot use this plugin. If you create longer pages and the content does not save then it is most likely a max_input_vars issue.
    You said you are using a multisite but this page is not on a multisite enviroment. If it is, please change this option in theme options>global>advanced http://prntscr.com/l3wvec
    thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

Yes it does all seem to be working at present. I did a complete refresh on the site and install back the theme files etc.

One question though is the muffin builder and WPBakery the same editor? as it seems there are two seperate page editors then which may cause the issues I am having.

I was having an issue when adding in any section to any of the prebuilt pages and also trying to move around any of the sections.

Regards

Kim
  • Hi,
    Muffin Builder is our editor, which we recommend to use.
    It has more items and works better with our theme.

WPBakery is a plugin. We didn't make it.
    Many users prefer to use it, but it's a matter of habit.

It's not possible to use a WPBakery and Muffin Builder at the same time - it makes issues, the items don't appear or work badly.

Also, our pre-built websites are made with Muffin Builder, and the way we make it(items) are not visible in WPBakery editor.

Thanks
  • Thanks Pablo, one final question though. I got the slider revolution to work but its now stop working on the two pages I have added it too.

• Sorry for the late answer.
    I didn't see that you answered.

Your slider have only one image, and it's a transparent.png
    Please change the slide to other, maybe one of ours.
    You can import them without installing the pre-built website.

Here is a screenshot for better understanding:
    http://prntscr.com/h85ybi
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

That's weird I had it working on two pages, of course deleted one of the page to start again. What I didn't do was change the background graphic though. Not sure how it's now a transparent png. Had it set to one static slide that was a jpeg image.

Thanks

Kim