Muffin builder -> Content 'disappeared' after adding new row and saving page

Hi,

I have a page with quite some rows and tried to add two more rows to it using the Muffin Builder. After adding the new rows and saving the page all content 'disappeared'. When I press the Add Secion bar nothing happens..... The content is however still showing in the frontend (after the first save). Please see images at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ml3ujwuu4g51yum/AAAqRdYzVEbLa_7J8hK3cbgra?dl=0
 I did disable all plugins and tried again, but the problem persists. I also raised the PHP Max Input Vars to 20.000, but that also didn't solve the issue.....Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. If you are chatting with support via email, please do not post here.
    2. Attach your license key and the WordPress admin login credentials.
    3. Send a link to this discussion, so the email support knows where to look.

Thanks
  • Hi,
    please disable all of your plugins and switch to the parent theme. It works fine, there is no issue when adding long pages. This is either your child theme configuration or one of the plugins.
    thanks
  • Hi Bryan,

well, I tried it, and its not working as you said....I disabled all plugins, selected the BeTheme V20.9.6 template as theme and when I open the page 'Tanzania bestemmingen - problem with disappearing content page', the editor is still as displayed in the image Page_AFTER_saving.png. However when I switch to an much older version of your BeTheme template V11.2 the editor shows up without any problem...Now when I enable all deactivated plugins again and open the page again in your V11.2 version of BeTheme the editor shows up correctly So it looks somehow related to the BeTheme version 20.9.6 template and not the plugins or the child template....Hope you can have a second look. Thanks a lot
    BR
    Bjorn

• Is this happening only on one page?
    Did you try to test it on other page?

Thanks.
  • edited August 2018
    I'm having a similiar problem using BE theme on my website https://leapathways.com.  Just finished a site migration to a new hosting account (because I was getting a 513 error and needed to upgrade my account to one with higher PHP version).  Now, the site runs fine on front end, but the page editor for my homepage only loads part way and I cannot make edits.  For all other pages, the builder works fine.  I've tried clearing the cache, new browser, incognito, updating to latest theme version, duplicating the page to reset the homepage selection, switching from child to parent theme, deactivated all recent plugins, but still not working.  Host provider isn't sure what it is.  Again, the site is running fine on front end and all admin dashboard and page editors work fine, except for the homepage.  So I'm not able to make any homepage edits,

Any help would be great,
    Eric
  • Hi Pablo,

I tried it on other pages as well. I can add and duplicate rows on some other pages without the editor disappearing in v20.9.6. But on this page (on which the row setup is quite different, with multiple colomns per row etc. compared to the others) the problem exists in V20.9.6

Best regards,
    Bjorn

• Please also send us your FTP access. This might be a php issue.
    Please send the information via the contact form with the link to this disscussion.
    thanks
  • edited August 2018
    Please, migrate your website again, but now, before migrating disable all of the plugins.
    Use this plugin to migrate it.

Thanks.
  • Hi Bryan, thanks for your support, Just send you the information via the contactform. BR

• We tried everything and it looks like your hosting is limited in memory or it has some other PHP issues. Please contact your hosting provider and check the logs with him. The fact that you manually raised  your memory limit does not exclude the possibility that your hosting is limiting those values.
    thanks
  • Hi Bryan, contacted Siteground support about the issue. It looked to be a caching issue which prevented the variables to be set correctly. After disabling and re-enabling the caches the builder now loads correctly. With the Wordpress Debug mode enabled a page builder error does popup however (it does not showup in the PHP error logs).. See https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilvrmznirhg4dco/Schermafbeelding 2018-08-29 om 16.36.50.png?dl=0. Thanks a lot for your support and effort!
  • Hi Pablo,

I tried the migration again with plugins turned off, migrated successfully but still unable to access page editor for homepage.
  • It's looks like your Wordpress is issued.
    To eliminate it, you have to reinstall wordpress.

Make a backup before doing that.
    Thanks

Is there any error message or it just disappear?
    Please, describe it greater and make some screenshots.
    Thanks.
  • Hi Pablo, 
    I held off making changes to the page during my client's intake process, so I'm back at it again.  No, there's no error message.  When I load up the backend editor of my homepage, it's just a blank editor and nothing is clickable (see screenshot 1 here):

But on any other page, the muffin builder is visible and fully editable (see screenshot 2 here):

The homepage is working fine on the front end but is not editable, nor are page elements visible, on the backend.  I've tried deactivating all plugins, etc, but no change.  Really hoping I don't have to rebuild the page.
  • I have this problem too!!!!!!! wtf is going on!!!!!
  • been tearing my hair out
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks

Please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache and check again.
    Also, be sure that your theme is up to date.
    Cheers
  • Ok, I've sent an email thru your contact form.
  • if you guys find a solution, please post it on here
  • Please, do what I told to do Claritycc in previous post.
    Thanks.
  • Please also send us your FTP access.
    Please send the information via the contact form with the link to this disscussion.
    Thanks
  • After further investigation we have deduced that the issue comes from some SEO plugin you have used. It messed up the whole page and the only sollution here would be to re-create it.
    Here is a screenshot of the plugin name and custom variables it created:

• Is there anything you'd recommend to shorten the process to recreate it?  Can I upload individual demo pages for example?  I've done that before with other themes.
  • You can install on the subdomain (with the same license key) new Wordpress with BeTheme and install the pre-built website you want.

Then, export the code from subdomain main page and import it into a new page in the main domain (of course before this, remove the main(issued) page from the main domain)

Thanks.