BeTheme not received theme updates

Hello,

One of my customers has Betheme as theme. The version is 10.3. So, it's way behind. I cannot add a valid Google Maps API now. How to update to the newest version? It's a bought version ofcourse. :)

Thanks in advance,
With kind regards,

Arjan van der Velde

Comments

• Hi,
    Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.
    thanks
  • Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I do know that I can upload BeTheme. But why did it not come up with automatic updates? 2 other BeTheme pages always update via the theme itself? But this one did not? It's way behind now.

Thanks in advance,
    Greetings,

Arjan van der Velde
  • The automatic update came with version 20 and higher.
    Older versions of BeTheme do not have this option, that's why it's
    important to update it to the newest version.
    Thanks
  • Thanks. I will try and let you know. Ofcourse it will work. I need Google maps to work for a client :)

Greetings Arjan
  • Ok. I have updated it. Now menu and text are not shown. I have done it like you have suggested. I already have deactivated all plugins. Checked several settings, but no luck till now. What can you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Arjan
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hello,

I did send a message thru the contact form.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Arjan
  • I entered your website and I see that everything works fine.
    The menu is working on desktop and mobile.

Please, clear cache of your browser.
    If this won't help you, please make some screenshots(upload them on https://prnt.sc
    and tell us, which browser and OS do you use?
    Thanks
  • Hello,

I do not know what you did check, but the version was 10.and something. Updating to the newest version changes the website complete. I did that again now. Font is small etc. So the website is now, as we speak, not working at all. BeTheme did not update automatically. That was the question as mentioned above.

Thanks in advance,
    Greetings,
    Arjan
  • By the way, I did not get any notification in my inbox. Due to vacation, my reply is late.

Greetings,

Arjan
  • After updating to the newest version yesterday, I again reversed this action. It is now version 10.3 again. So mentioning the problem again:

1. Google maps is not working. I do need to add the API again.
    2. Due to 1 I found out; the website has not updated automatically. The version was still 10.3
    3. I downloaded the newest version 21.0.1. --> there is also the function to add the Google API.
    4. Switching to 21.0.1 breaks the website. Fonts are shown small. While the design is the same.
    5. It is on version 10.3 now.

How can we fix it? Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,

Arjan
  • 1,3) Please update your theme version to the newest.
    Also, if you want to use the "Advanced Maps" (older maps) item you have to provide the API key - we do not have any workaround to do it without API key.

But, if you'll use the "Basic Map" item, then you'll need only the Iframe of the google maps.

2,4,5) Can you send me a link to your website?
    I have to take a look at it.
    Thanks
  • 1,3) I have updated it to the newest version.Version 21.0.1 is now active. I do know about the section under system settings for Google Maps and API. I do have an API.

I also did send a login already like asked earlier.
    Thanks in advance,
    Arjan van der Velde
  • And I even did an update to 21.0.2; I just saw the newer update.
  • As you can see now, the font is really small, but the settings in Fonts under BeTheme settings are still the same. That is the issue now after update. When this is OK, I can finally put in a new Google Maps API.

Thanks in advance,

Arjan
  • And yet another update for this discussion.

After the update to 21.0.2 BeTheme said to activate Header Builder. I did not see that one before. After updating: No action taken. Plugin _ BeTheme Header Builder - BETA was already active.

BUT: Fonts look OK now! Why? After so much trial and error?

Thanks in advance,

Arjan
  • And the API Google Maps works also now. So everything is fine now. Still wondering why it did not update automatically and why it gave these issues.

Greetings,

Arjan van der Velde
  • Oh, Glad to hear that.
    Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Thanks