Images will all of a sudden not show when posting on facebook and Google +

edited November 2018 in Theme support
Hi!

Images when posting on Google plus will all of a sudden not show. It has been working just fine before, but not now. I think it has something to do with my website schema, but I don't now. What's the problem?

Regards
Terje

Comments

• Hi,
    Please disable all of the plugins, clear the cache and check again.
    Thanks
  • That did not work. 
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Ok. Now i've sent you nessary information. 
  • Hi,

You have insert one universal image for all images in Theme Options > SEO

Or select for every single post an image. (when editing post)
    http://prntscr.com/lk4m30

Thanks
  • edited November 2018
    When you  have had access to my wordpress account you have changed the language, and now it will not change back. Can you tell what you have been doing here? The right language is set in Settings >> General, but still I have the wrong language. 

This is rather irritating...
  • Of course I've set an image for every single post. That is not the problem here. 
  • Ok, it's fixed!
  • Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Thanks
  • edited November 2018
    Images will still not show when posting on facebook or Google +. I've followed procedures as described above. This problem occurs on other devices too. This problem startet after 11.11, for which reason I do not now. 

• I tested it and it works:
    Also, I do not see the google+ share option:

Thanks
  • Ok. I cannot open your printscreen links. Google plus share is in upper right corner of website, and on the right hand side in footer. 
  • So you get image to links when clicking on facebook share inside post? Mine is blank, just text. 
  • But, this G+ icon is not for sharing images - it's created for redirection to profile.
    Our Sharebox include only FB/Twitter/Pinterest.

Please clear your cache or try to do it on other account/pc - it should work then.
    Cheers
  • Hi Pablo, I am having the same issue when sharing to facebook. I get no image. I found the issue was related to share this. The url adds a 2f% (replacing the / at the end of url) I contacted share this They have said the following:

In your case, the extra "%2f" is "/" when being translated which may be a normal behavior from your website builder so, adding a small script on your site in order for your web builder's mechanism not to add that extra "%2f" at the end or just for you to be able to delete that as well directly from your script.

Another available workaround is for you to manually add the data-url parameter to your buttons' instances in order for you to be able to send your URL without the last "/".
    You can customize the data being shared through your buttons by adding them attributes as if they are Custom Share Buttons, for example, if you wish to share a specific image you can craft your Inline Share Buttons' <div> tag to be: <div class="sharethis-inline-share-buttons" data-image="imageURL"></div>. 

I find that only the classic share buttons work the simple does not share anymore. They have also told me that the code i have is outdated and they highly recommend updating it. Could you please tell me how to remove the 2f% (/) from the code so it can reappear. The issue started occurring after ShareThis changed their SSL certificate. Their response: 

Brandon Sun (ShareThis) 

Nov 6, 8:27 AM PST 

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delay!
    We’re currently in the process of updating our SSL certification and all links pointing from shar.es should be up and running shortly.

Additionally, you’re currently using a very old and outdated plugin of ShareThis that is no longer updated. For a better experience and faster buttons we recommend updating to the latest version of our ShareThis buttons.
  • plagka,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • edited December 2018
    I have tried share this on other devices, with same result. I've also installed other share this plugins, and no images will show. Obviously, support, you don't know what's causing this, or what? Would have been nice to solve this. 
  • Are you using any SEO plugins? The images that should be shown when you share a link to your website are located in theme options>SEO, as Open Graph image.
    Changing it can take some time, so it will not appear so quickly.

If you are using any SEO plugins please disable our seo options in theme options>SEO
    thanks