Muffin options not saving

Hi I am running the latest version of BeTheme on a wordpress installation hosted on Amazon Lightsail. I am unable to save any changes in the theme options (I can create pages and posts etc. but I can't save settings. According to the System Status my resource limits are well over what has been recommended. At first I thought it may be related to max vars but I've set this at 50000. 

Are there any non-standard php modules that need to be active for settings to save? We can customise the server specs as required so it would be great to get a working config. Without it the theme is useless to us I'm afraid.

I can provide you with phpinfo, just give me an email address to send to and I will do so. thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. If you are chatting with support via email, please do not post here.
    2. Attach your license key and the WordPress admin login credentials.
    3. Send a link to this discussion, so the email support knows where to look.

Thanks
  • I've sent a link to my phpinfo on themeforest as requested. It's quite strange, there is no error or time out, it's as though the button is just unresponsive when clicked.

Thanks
  • Hi there, just wondering if youve had a chance to look into this? Theres a few theme options we want active on our site header that we cant action until we can save settings. Any ideas? Thanks
  • You didn't send us the admin login credentials.
    Please do it again, but send us all required information.

Thanks
  • ok I've created a user for you and sent you credentials via the form on themeforest. It is possible that permissions or ownership may need to be adjusted - if this is the case please let me know what you recommend and I can do this on the command line (I'd rather not pass around SSH access keys). Currently all folders are owned and writable by the server so it really shouldn't be a problem.

You already have the URL for my phpinfo so if this has gone missing let me know and I can resupply.

Thanks
  • I was on your website, and we think, that this is the theme files fault.
    We suggest you, to remove folder completely with BeTheme Parent Theme through FTP and to download the new version from ThemeForest and installing it from the beginning.
    Thanks
  • OK, I made sure to overwrite (not replace) all files when I updated the theme so it seems unlikely that removing and installing again will fix it. Nonetheless I'll see if removing and installing from scratch solves the problem and let you know.
  • Quick question: I just checked my logs and you guys haven't logged into the backend with the user I created for you. Have I just been given a canned response to remove and reinstall the theme or do you guys know something I don't?
  • We have logged in for sure, maybe there is something wrong with the logs. We wouldnt advise you upon such action if we havent checked it first.
    cheers
  • Hi there, I've deleted the theme entirely and re-uploaded through the wordpress theme uploader and the same problem exists. When I try and save theme options I get the following console error:

An invalid form control with name='betheme[blog-related-columns]' is not focusable.

Looks js related to me. Any ideas?
  • As a temporary fix I've hand edited the theme options in the database to show the features I need. Obviously this won't be OK going forward so would you be able to let me know what you need to find out the root cause? My hosting is fine, this problem has only ever occurred with betheme.
  • If you have edited the database before then this could be why it does not work.
    The reinstall of the theme will not work then, because the database could be damaged.
    Can you please install a new website on betheme under a subdomain and create a new database. Then check if the theme options saves fine.

The database in BeTheme is serialized, this means that any changes to the length of each cell is basically breaking the whole thing.
  • Hi Bryan,

I havent edited it before - all I've done in this instance is change the flag for the search function from "0" (off) to "1" (on) because the fix suggested to me doesn't work and we really can't wait weeks to get a suitable response. It all still works as expected but betheme appears unable to write to the database so the theme options are worthless to us. Quite a shame.  I'd suggest you "pick and stick" with one of the formats that betheme stores DB values as I'm sure the serialised (or not) methods you allow users to choose are the cause of these types of issues.

Ive noticed quite a lot of your support suggestions for others involve recreating the website elsewhere in the hope that it sorts out the issue. I'm not sure this qualifies as great support - I'd consider it more of a nuclear option to attempt as a last resort.

Thanks for your help, I'll sort this out myself by the look of it.