Bug on Install

At different times throughout the day, I've been trying to install the Accountant 2 prebuilt theme in order to get started on a new website. But every time I do, it seems to glitch out where I get a blank page, with the admin bar and left sidebar of the backend still visible, without any indication that it's still downloading or installing content. Leaving it for long stretches of time make no difference. When I leave and try to reinstall the theme, I get a message that 5 or so elements are already installed, but then the rest of the page is blank, and there is no difference to the site.

I can provide a login if you would like to take a look at the back end yourself. I'm a little baffled as to what to do, as I've never had this problem with your theme before on any of the other sites I use it on.

Comments

• Hi,
    Did you use the "Database Reset" plugin before installing the pre-built website?

Please, check this video - it will show you how to do it properly.
    Start from 2:06
    Thanks
  • I had used a different one because that one "hasn't been tested with the last three versions of wordpress."

But, regardless, I just tried your specific database reset plugin, and got the same result upon attempt to install it: a blank screen.

If I go into media, you can visibly see that it stopped uploading after 5 elements.

• Sorry, I should clarify. I installed the reset plugin, unchecked the tables I was told to uncheck, reset the site. Then I tried to upload the demo content again, and got this result.
  • Hi,

Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file , your wordpress admin login credentials and link to your website privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on your server settings. Remember to also send your license key and Wordpress admin login credentials. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. Attach your license key and the WordPress admin login credentials.
    2. Send a link to this discussion, so the email support knows where to look.

Thanks
  • Sent as requested. Thank you.
  • You have to contact your hosting provider.

Ask him about increasing PHP Values:
    - PHP Memory Limit to min. 128MB (recommended 256MB)
    - PHP Max Input Vars to 5000

After changing it everything will be okay.
    Thanks
  • Okay, I'll move forward with switching hosting, then, because I've spent 4 hours with GoDaddy over the last couple days trying to get them to increase the PHP values, and all they'll do is pointing me to doing it myself, and even though I've done the method they ask it won't work, and they refuse to help any further to the point where they hung up on me last night.
  • PHP Values can be changed only by hosting provider.
    If you change this value by yourself in the php.ini file, then it will not work.
    The global value will be still 1000, and local(even if it will be set to 5000) will be limited to that global amount.

Thanks
  • I am having this exact same issue and am also hosting with godaddy. They also said they couldn't change it and referred me to the same instructions. Any further development in this or did you change hosts?
  • Unfortunately, our hands are tied.
    These values I posted above are the minimal requirements for the BeTheme.

All I can suggest is changing the hosting provider or talk with them once more to increase these values.
    Thanks