FATAL ERROR when trying to log in to Dashboard: Operator not supported for strings...

Dear team,
I am unable to login to WP-Admin. I suppose it is because my provider updated to Wordpress 5.0.3 and the RevolutionSlider does not work any longer? I wanted to log in so that I could check my Plug-Ins and then update to the latest BeTheme Version (my BeTheme Installation surely is not the latest version)
PHP Version is 7.2
Please help urgently!
page:   www.erni-coaching.com 

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for
strings in
/homepages/7/d579838396/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BeThemeTestFree/wp-content/plugins/revslider/inc_php/framework/base_admin.class.php:73
Stack trace:
/homepages/7/d579838396/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BeThemeTestFree/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider_admin.php(237):
UniteBaseAdminClassRev::addMetaBox('Revolution Slid...',
Object(UniteSettingsAdvancedRev), Array, NULL)
/homepages/7/d579838396/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BeThemeTestFree/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider_admin.php(68):
RevSliderAdmin->addSliderMetaBox()
/homepages/7/d579838396/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BeThemeTestFree/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider_admin.php(40):
RevSliderAdmin->init()
/homepages/7/d579838396/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BeThemeTestFree/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider.php(147):
RevSliderAdmin->__construct('/homepages/7/d5...')
/homepages/7/d579838396/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BeThemeTestFree/wp-settings.php(305):
include_once('/homepages/7/d5...')
#5 /homepages/7 in /homepages/7/d579838396/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BeThemeTestFree/wp-content/plugins/revslider/inc_php/framework/base_admin.class.php on line 73

Comments

• Hi,
    Please update your theme to the newest version.
    Also are all of your plugins updated?

Thanks
  • Because I cannot enter and login via WP-Admin, I cannot check whether the plugins are updated. Will try to update the theme from "the outside", i.e. via ftp.
  • Please make a backup before removing the theme files.
    Also, download the package from the ThemeForest and paste all the files into the "Themes" folder in Wordpress files.

Do not be worry about the content and your theme options, all of them are stored in the database.
    Thanks
  • edited January 2019
    Hi, I updated to the newest Betheme (20), Website is running but
    Error when trying to open ../wp-admin persists - same es listed in my first post on top of this discussion. Do I need to update the RevSlider? I could not find it in the download package...?
    Regards,
    K.
  • Can you remove completely the revolution slider folder? - it looks like the problem is with RSlider files.
    The Revolution Slider can be downloaded in BeTheme > Install Plugins and this is only good way to install it.
    Thanks
  • Hello Pablo, your last hint did the job for me to be able to login! Thanks.
    I now have the problem that the revolution slider does not work. It produces warnings (Warning: Illegal string offset 'text-shadow' in /homepages/7/d579838396/htdocs/clickandbuilds/BeThemeTestFree/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/plugin-update.class.php
    on line 245) and in Chrome and IE it does appear empty. I guess I would have to turn to revslider support team, right?
    Thanks for your support so far!
  • We doubt that this is an isolated Revoluton Slider issue.
    There could be an issue with another plugin or some files are corrupted.
    Please do this:
    1. Disable all plugins
    2. Update the theme and wordpress to newest version
    3. Enable only Revolution slider plugin and check if it works.
    thanks
  • Hi,
    the plugin disable-enable did the trick: In recent versions, the plugin was named "Revolution Slider" and when I installed it via BeTheme as recommended above, it added plugin "Slider Revolution" - I think this created the confusion.
    I leave "Revolution Slider" DISabled and "Slider Revolution" ENabled and it now works fine, fully compatible, as before.

Solved.  Thank you!!!