Can't use WP reset AND 404 page errors

2 problems.

1) I cannot activate ANY WP Reset plug ins. I can install them, but it says “not supported” when trying to activate it. It also says “this plugin deletes data and is not supported by wordpress.com”. So when I load additional pre-built websites all the data stacks and it becomes a mess when I’m just trying to tinker around with all of them and see what works best for my site.

2) Since I couldn’t do that I tried seeing what “reset to default” does in the “Back up and Reset” section. Now my site can’t even load. Everything is 404 error. I can’t even edit it or load new templates.

Comments

• edited February 2019
    Hi,
    If you want to reinstall the pre-built website, then you should follow this video from 2:00 (second minute)

We use this plugin for reseting the database:

Thanks
  • edited February 2019
    Sorry but that was not helpful at all and a little redundant. BeTheme itself is recommending me to install that EXACT plug-in both when I am trying to install a pre-built template AND in the video you just linked. Yet it says "not supported".

And I obviously know how to switch to a new template. That's not the issue. The issue is everything is 404'd now even if I switch templates.
  • I do not understand, why the BeTheme is recommending you to install not-supported plugins?
    On the Video, we recommend to install the 'Wordpress Database Reset' (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-database-reset/) and this is the only plugin we support to reset the database.
    Thanks
  • edited February 2019

Yeah... and that's the one I'm talking about. 

I will have to perform a charge back if this is not resolved, because clearly all the guides are saying to download that plugin (and you even recommended it AGAIN), yet it is not even compatible. Neither are any alternative plugins. But stop talking about "third party plugins" because that is only even in the mix because the one recommended doesn't even work.

You seem to be confused about what is happening, and probably because you can't fathom why I'm having difficulties when all the BeTheme support guides say to do XYZ. That is the problem I'm having... It DOES NOT WORK. I don't care what the guides say because it is not working. I know what the guide says to do. It doesn't work.

When trying to activate it using check box and drop down menu:

• This plugin is working fine and we do not see that statement anywhere.

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact
    form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what
    might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hi,
    You didn't send us a link to your website.
    Please send all required information again.
    Thanks
  • Hey,
    we logged in and found out that you are hosting on wordpress.com, is that correct?
    This message appears when you try to activate the plugin:
    You can see that you cannot use those kinds of plugins when hosting on wordpress.com
    You should contact them for assistance in that matter.
    thanks
  • I am hosting on namecheap and using domain mapping.
  • But you can see on the screenshot that the theme is not blocking the plugin installation. It cannot do that. Wordpress is configured this way on your hosting. You should contact your hosting provider as we do not have the power to solve it. This is not a theme issue.
    thanks
  • edited February 2019
    So how can I fix the 404 problem? If I can't use the plugin how do I at least manually fix the 404 error?

So what if I pay for something like Bluehost and the problem continues what will you tell me after I've wasted even more money?

Mind you I only bought a Wordpress business 1 year plan to use your theme... Can't say I'm impressed so far...

Also the site is being hosted on Wordpress and I am merely using the domain I have purchased from namecheap via domain mapping... So you're seriously telling me the tutorial wants me to use a plugin that Wordpress does not even support? And I have to contact them myself to somehow get them to fix it? Give me a break, this is 100% a theme issue if the theme is suggesting me to do download it and is broken otherwise.

I can't even install a theme now my whole website is 404'd. If it did work, I can't even switch themes without it getting messed up and you're providing absolutely zero workaround or solution. THIS IS A THEME PROBLEM.

I am wasting hours of my time trying to fix this while my business' website is down and after a week this is the best you can come up with? Ridiculous. 
  • Hey,
    we do not have any 404 issues, we installed a standard wordpress theme and activated it without a problem, see screen:
    The plugin is still disabled, even if not using BeTheme, see screen:

So sorry but this is not a theme related issue. Like I said before, themes will not block plugins.
    Your hosting is blocking plugin management. We cannot disable certain plugins and some are not allowed on this platform. But this is due to WordPress limitations on that server, this has nothing to do with themes.

We cannot have a workouround if somebody does not let you use plugins like database reset on their hosting. The only sollution is to contact them and ask what method do they offer for users to reset their website if the plugins are not allowed.

thanks
  • edited February 2019
    Did you even bother to visit the site? There's 404 error on every page...

And even if plugin is still disabled on every theme, are you seriously telling me that your theme has been created to NOT be able to work on Wordpress hosting? The very same platform you built the theme for? Come on...

This is the worst support ever. I have to contact Wordpress? You built the theme for it. Find a way to have your theme work on the platform.

I will be contacting VISA this afternoon. This is absurd.
  • edited February 2019
    Sorry but this is not correct, the wordpress creators website is: wordpress.org
    You are using wordpress.com, which is not the official website. This service is just named the same way. You download Wordpress from wordpress.org not from wordpress.com.
    The same name could be missleading. Wordpress.com started out as a platform to host simple blogs on wordpress, they later included hosting sollutions, such as you use.
    Wordpress.com is basically like any another hosting, but cheaper and as we can see, with some limitations.
    So yes, the first thing you should do is contact wordpress.com and ask their support about this issue.

The 404 was showing because you do not have any pages to show, http://prntscr.com/mkm3be

Wordpress has to have at least 1 post to function as a blog, or 1 page to function as a home page. Otherwise, there will be issues like 404 errors. Now I created a home page and it is working fine.
    Remember to clear browser cache if you still see the 404 error.

thanks