Home Page Wedding Videos

Hi, 

I installed the Wedding Videos Pre-built theme.

In the home page, where there is the list of the videos,  I would like to:

1. Add more space between the "play button icon" and the subtitle below. 

2. Change the subtitle transparency, the color appears gray and not white.

3. In the "play icon" button I can link a video url, how can I link a post or portfolio page to that  buttom? What i would like to do it to add a description below the video.

Thank you really much for the help.

Comments

• Hi,
    Do you mean the main video, right?

It's all created with the "Revolution Slider" plugin, so you have to edit the slider and customize it.
    A RevSlider plugin is very easy to use, so you shouldn't have problems with it.
    Also, it's a good idea to be in touch with the documentation: https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/slider-revolution-documentation/
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

no sorry, what I mean are the videos below the main videos, the ones with the static covers. 
    They are disposed in a grid and they are made (I think) with WB Bakery page Builder.

My site: sgwedstories.com 

• sorry, probably the builder il Muffin Builder, I just checked
  • Okay, I thought that you're talking about the main video, sorry about that.
    Yes, all videos below the main video are created with the Muffin Builder.

Remember, that to customize our pre-built websites you have to use a Muffin Builder.
    If you want to use the WPBakery, then you have to start from scratch.

Okay, now the questions:
    1) To resize it, you will have to change the image of it, because this image is very small.
    Of course, you can resize it in the Image settings, but it will lose the quality of an image.
    http://prntscr.com/mf4q6e

2) To make the space between the image and the text, you have to edit the "divider" between them
    http://prntscr.com/mf4qy2
    and increase the height of it.
    http://prntscr.com/mf4r3x

3) You can link the video on this image by adding the link in the 'Zommed image' field
    http://prntscr.com/mf4rll

Thanks
  • edited February 2019
    Hi,

1 - Thanks.

2 - What I mean is how to change the font color. I realize that all the words written with the H5 and H6 settings are gray and not white (or white with less transparency, I don't know exactly). How can I set a different color / transparency for the H5 and H6 settings?

3 - With this system appear just the video, what I would like to do is to show under the video also a small text description...  

Thank you
  • 2. You can change the colors in theme options>colors>headings. If you want to change individual colors in your columns then you will have to use inline css, like <h2 style="color:red">content</h2>
    Please shows us on a screenshot which line of text do you mean exactly.
    3. If you mean a description under the popup video then it will be not possible to do with just the theme options.
    thanks
  • Hi, thanks for the answer.

2. With colors > headings I resolved many issues, thanks.

2a. What also I would like to do is: to make, in the same line, two different words with different colors and make in one of that a link and to create a custom hover color.

What I don't know how to do is:
    - Create a custom hover color
    - Make the two words in the same line (I don't know why but the second one, the one with the different color, automatically go down to the line below)

I'm sorry I don't know how to send you a screenshot (I you explain me I will do it).

If I can be useful for you the css that I inserted at the moment is that:

When will you get married? Ask for details

My site is: sgwedstories.com and the link is the last on in the about page.
    I want that the word "ask for details" will be in the same line of "when will you get married" and that it will be colored with a different color when someone scrolls over it.

3. Yes I mean it. There is some workaround that I can do?

Thank you
  • Hello,
    2a. You actually pasted two words in the same line, and one of them is a link. If you want a different hover color for the link, set the hover color for links in theme options>colors>content.

If you want an example, this is how it would look like:
    <h2>Hello, nice to meet you <a href="#">Tom</a></h2>
    If you want to change any word in the heading, use <span>. It is the best way. For example:
    <h4> Welcome to <span style="color:red;">Betheme</span></h4>

To understand this better, I recommend you read up on display:block, inline-block and inline. Those CSS values determinate if an element is in the same line or not.

3. Sorry but we cannot help you with this one, it requires theme files modification.

thanks
  • Hi,

thank you for the answer:

2a. 

- "You actually pasted two words in the same lin" yes, but in the website, they look in two lines (and there is enough space for disposing all the text on the same line) 

-   set the hover color for links in theme options>colors>content - I tried it but it looks doesn't work on that part.

- If you want an example, this is how it would look like: what I still don't know, is how to merge all these expressions on the same phrase (WORD A + WORD B with 1) different color; 2) custom hover color; 3) link 

- you read up on display:block, inline-block and inline - Sorry I don't understand where I can see about those values...

3. Ok

Thank you
  • Sorry, any help? 
  • edited February 2019
    Hey, sorry for the late response.
    Try this:

<h2 class="mycustomh2">Hello, nice to meet you <a href="#">Tom</a></h2>

And the css
    .mycustomh2 a {
    display:inline !important;
    color:red !important;
    }
    .mycustomh2 a:hover {
    color:blue !important;
    }
  • Thank you really much! This resolved the issue!

I have just another questions: 
    is it possible to make the words in one single line for the pc version view and in two line for the smartphone view? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks
  • Hi,
    if you want to display one line on desktop and two on mobile then it will not be possible. The text breaks itself depending on the screen size
    cheers
  • Ok, thanks.