Page builder margins ignored, Css ignored

Hi,

I have been using your theme for two years without (real) problems.

New portfolio

Yesterday, while creating a new portfolio page I noticed that the margins defined in the page builder were ignored, (Raw margins-bottom, I also tried top and bottom margins for text fields.)

Old portfolio

They seem to be working on the older Portfolio pages. But if I go to the edit page and create a preview, some margins disappear. So I can't edit any old Portfolio.

I compared the source codes of both portfolio and preview portfolio, and I did not notice any difference within the HTML code

CSS within page builder

As I tried to remove the featured image on top of the page (I found no option after 10 minutes) I decided to use a CSS within the portfolio page and put it in the page builder CSS field (on the top right). It had no effect. I couldn't find the CSS in the source code of the page.  I then put it in the advanced options of the BeTheme. It worked.

Well, it seems something is wrong with the page builder. What do you think ?   :)

Thanks for your help.

Nicolas

Comments

• ... I forgot to say that I deactivated all plugins to see if one of them was causing my problem.
    It made no difference ...
    Thanks
  • Hi,
    I'm not sure what is your problem.
    You want to decrease these margins or increase them or changing these margins declared in the WPBakery is not working?

As I see, there is a lot of margins added in the "rows" of the wpbakery.
    http://prntscr.com/nax0vo - it's inserted somewhere in the layout of your page.
    And that's not end, inside that row, in the column there is the margin too
    http://prntscr.com/nax1dp

After disabling it, everything works fine.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

These margins are here for the purpose of testing.

I just noticed that the problems I mentioned occurred in the preview of the page ONLY ...

The CSS custom_vc is not applied to the preview  :

Do you know why ?
  • How can you say that 'the margins defined in the page builder were ignored' if you applied margin for testing -  "margins are here for the purpose of testing."
    I do not understand the problem, if the margins are were included and they are working, then they cannot be ignored.

This CSS (https://prnt.sc/nax1dp) - custom_vc must be somewhere inserted in that row.
    Please check if you didn't inserted it into the row or column.
    It has to be somewhere here.
    Thanks

• The margins are present in the page once saved.
    The margins are not present in the preview.

On the right saved version, visible on the site. With huge margins
    On the left, previewed version.  No margin.

Obviously, you can't see the previewed version unless I provide you with the credentials. (Which is not a preoblem at all.  Just ask !  )

Thanks
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact
    form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what
    might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • edited April 2019
    This portfolio feature was made especially for the Muffin Builder, and with our builder, it works fine.
    Almost all of the options are working fine, but nobody uses the 'preview' with
    the WPBakery,  because the "Frontend Editor" is like "Preview" option,
    but with live refreshing - you do not have to save it every added
    element to see how it looks.

We suggest, to use the "Frontend Editor" instead of "Preview".
    Or just use the Muffin Builder.

Greetings
  • Hi Pablo,

The all site is built
    without the Muffin builder. I have never used it. All my sites use the
    page builder instead and my customers are used to it when they want to
    make a simple change.

I'm gonna take a look at the front builder ...

But it is rare that a support answers : "Yes, there is a bug. Just find another way to do what you need to do ..." 

It sounds like : "Just find another theme to do what your next customers will need to do."

Thanks

• edited April 2019
    I didn't want to make it sounds like that - sorry about that.

This portfolio feature was made especially for the Muffin Builder, and with our builder, it works fine.
    Almost all of the options are working fine, but nobody uses the 'preview' with the WPBakery,  because the "Frontend Editor" is like "Preview" option, but with live refreshing - you do not have to save it every added element to see how it looks.

We'll check what can be the problem, but we cannot tell when the update will be released, right now we have a lot of work with the "Muffin Header Builder."

Of course, you can check our changelog - there will be a note about that bug when the problem will be fixed.

I've changed the answer above to be more understandable
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

Perfect !  Thanks for the clarification.