Portfolio Does Not Show Correct Items and link for ALL button

edited July 2019 in Portfolio
Honesty - I am tired from experiments with Portfolio... Look - the very simple situation. Be 21.2.6.
There are 52 Portfolio items, all - with own or applying to 2 categories. Menu - Portfolio categories. From Be options I set grid, 3 columns, filters hide WITHOUT setting the page for Portfolio.
Ok? looks ok. When I serf through menu - everything is working fine.
But I need sidebar. Ok - I must SET the porfolio page ( with sidebar and it looks like - everything will be ok). I SET the page Departments.
Welcome to wonderland.

1) After setting portfolio page as a page with sidebar - portfolio categories shown with sidebar. But there is a breadcrumb "departments". Ok - good - but if I press that breadcrumb departments - the link is to page Departments. Ok. But there is nothing there. Page is white. What the hell... I thought, that those page must take all settings from Be options, but no... it is empty... Sure - it is really empty, but it is set now as default PF page...
2) Ok - I add Portfolio ITEM through Muffin to page Departments. Breadcrumb starts working (!) - The page is shown, BUT(!) categories do not shown correct - some items are disappear... + When the main portfolio page ( Departments) is shown I need filters!
3) trying to turn on filter through Be Options - does not work. Ok - turn it on through Muffin options of Portfolio item inside Departments page. Yes - it starts working, but )) filtering wrong and button ALL links to various links... + The filter exists at all categories...

Definitely - I do not know how to solve the simple task - how to link pf categories (as menu) to categories with sidebar + if the pf page (Departments) is set - how to turn on filtration for that page (I do not need filtration in categories)?

PS: sure - having studied the problem I solved it through WP, but it is not normally - I created the empty page Deps, with sidebar. Set it as default in Be Portfolio Options and through WP redirected all calls to Deps at another page with Portfolio items in Muffin Builder ( options - show ALL categories, filtering ON). And only this way the construction starts to work correct. Any advise?

Comments

• Hi,
    Remember that if you use the "Portfolio" item from Muffin Builder then all settings from Theme Options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Portfolio will not be working.
    Settings from there are only working on main portfolio blog which can be set on the same location I told above.

Also, please send me a link to that website, I have to take a look the sidebar.
    Thanks
  • edited July 2019
    Pablo, thank you.
    But I used the "Portfolio" item from Muffin Builder ONLY because the EMPTY page (set in Theme Options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Portfolio) does not show any information... any...

And yes - if you use the "Portfolio" item from Muffin Builder then all settings
    from Theme Options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Portfolio will
    not be working. They do not work BUT - then the category and filtering work bad, not correct.
    I think the matter is in Be...

My site with one of category ( categories are in side menu. the root departments is redirected from functions.php now):
  • Ok, but if you use the item in the Muffin Builder then edit the settings of that item. You will see category selection there as well. The options from theme options will not work in this case.
    thanks
  • Ok, we do not understand each other...
    I will have a new project in a week - and will show the situation from the scratch.
    (if you use the item in the Muffin Builder then edit the settings of that item - yes, I did that, but IF ! I turn on filtering from those setting - it works not correct: "all" button links at some single project, some categories does not show at all... and this is the problem.)
  • Okay, we'll ask you for login credentials then.
    Remember, that "Filtering" is working only with "ALL" category or if you insert "Multiple Categories" in that field.
    Filtering will not be working only on single category because it won't have any sense.

So, please reach us when you'll be ready.
    Thanks