Slider Revolution caused server error

Got locked out of my admin because of Slider Revolution

Worked on my site all morning doing simple image upload and placement. No slider work. Left for a meeting. Came back and could not access the wp-admin and the site itself would barely load. 

When the site did load I got an error message: You have some jsquery.js. library include that comes after the Slider Revolution files js inclusion. To fix this.... Then I got a Forbidden 503 Error

Network Solutions had to go in and disable Slider Revolution plugin to get me access again. Even then the site ran at a crawl. I deleted every plugin including installs which took forever since the site ran so slow. Then I was able to reinstall the necessary plugins for Betheme (which are the only ones I had running) and then update Betheme (an update that must have just been released because I've been checking pretty frequently). Only after all of that was I able to get my site back to normal running.

I have left Slider Revolution deactivated and do not intend to use it even though I purchased the license. I am not risking having something like this happen after I deliver the site to the client.

This is the second time in a week I've had a major tech issue with my theme. I've used Betheme on another site for over a year and had no issues, though I haven't updated it for a few months - now I'm afraid to do that. Luckily that theme I never even tried to use Slider Rev and now never will.

Comments

• Hello,
    if you want us to test why this is happening then you would need to create a copy of this website, and install it on a subdomain.
    Then send us the login details so we can test. You could also provide us with the FTP login details to this copy website, so we can disable the plugin if it crashes.
    thanks
  • I'm working under a tight deadline to get the site up so don't have time to do that right now. Then I'm building a second Betheme site right after this one for the same client. However, after I've got both sites up I will readdress this issue with a subdomain for testing. At the moment, I'm keeping things very simple with no whiz bang extras. As I said, the Betheme I've had up for a year has no slider and just the basic plugins and has never had a hiccup. Just wanted you to be aware that there is something weird going on.
  • Are you using some kind of other slider plugin? Like Layer Slider?
    Using both of them at the same time could make that problem.

Also, if you cannot provide us login credentials, then our help can be limited(or take more time), because we do not see that problem on our testing sites.
    Thanks
  • I am not using any other slider nor is any Layer Slider activated.

I will put the site on a subdomain and give you access. I just can't do it right now. Asap I will do it and let you know for next steps. Thanks.
  • Sure.
    Reach me when you'll be ready.
    Thanks
  • I wanted to update you on my website. I was having more issues then Network Solutions servers went down for 24 hours so I immediately transferred my site to Siteground. So far, over a week later I've had not one issue with the build site. 

I still have Slider Revolution deactivated (and Layer Slider) since I do not use either one. But they are in my plugin set.  http://35.225.209.204/~highwat8/

I am currently working on my second site using the Betheme theme and did not use or activate either slider. So far no problems at all. Thanks.

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • You sent two websites named "highwaterwomen.org" and "hwwinvestingforimpact.org" ended which are not on the BeTheme, so I cannot help you with these two.

Also, I connected to that website you sent me above and the RevSlider works fine.
    I created the /muffintest page http://35.225.209.204/~highwat8/muffintest/ and it works fine.
    I downloaded the slider from pre-built website and it works very well.
    Thanks