Website on an IPad

I have been testing the website using different
browsers.  When I use Safari on my iPad
the revolutionary sliders don't show and the overlay menu doesn’t work. 

Is there a fix?

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • edited September 2019
    My link is:

site:  judithmowery.com
    The slider works on computers, laptops, and android cell phones.  It doesn't work on an IPad.
  • I do not understand.

I tested it on iPad 5gen, iOS 11 and it works fine.
    The only issue I see, that menu items on hamburger menu have similiar color to the background color.
    Did you solve it? Or on which iPad did you notice it?
    Thanks
  • edited September 2019
    I agree, the website works fine, but the picture and the click button are not showing.  Did you look at it on a computer and an IPad?  The slider is showing only the brown background and the logo.

As for as the hamburger menu I don't know how to make it appear without messing up the regular menu on a full screen.

• I do not see only logo on "iPad" - the button below the book is still there, but it's small.
    The logo isn't working, because you set image for retina, which does not exist.
    This is the link for your retina logo, notice it's not working: http://judithmowery.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Judith-Mowery-large-1.png

Remember, that your logo should be 2x larger than default logo.
    Theme Options > General > Logo

Thanks
  • edited September 2019
    I am using the small IPad.  What I see is the logo and the hamburger menu!  When scrolling up I see "About Judith Mowery"  which is below the slider.  Nothing on the slider appears!  Scrolling down farther I see three of her books and a button "see all books"

In addition the hamburger does not work!

judithmowery.com

• All is working fine, the problem is related to your wrong configuration.

1) Hamburger menu content have similiar color to the background color.
    Change the color of menu items, Theme Options > Colors > Menu
    OR
    Change the color of the "Top Bar Left" background, Theme Options > Colors > Header

2) The logo isn't working, because you set image for retina, which does not exist.
    This is the link for your retina logo, notice it's not working: http://judithmowery.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Judith-Mowery-large-1.png
    Provide a new logo for retina, Theme Options > General > logo

Thanks
  • edited September 2019

Thanks, I borrowed a different IPad and the sliders show, my
    IPad is six or seven years old, maybe I should get a new one.

I corrected the hamburger menu’s, so it now shows up and it
    works on the borrowed IPad.

However, I don’t understand the retina logo.  I have made the retina logo twice the regular
    logo’s size, but it is not showing on the iPad or cell phone.  On the cell phone to logo loads but then
    changes to a picture icon that is very small.

Can you explain what the retina logo is and how it works?

judithmowery.com

• edited September 2019
    So, the "Retina Logo" is made for Apple devices, which have special displays, which are named "Retina"
    On the "Retina" screen, regular pixel has 4 pixels inside, that's why all images for retina should be 2x larger.

So, please notice that your logo is not displayed, because link is not proper - change it to something else, even normal, not bigger logo.

Thanks
  • I don't know what you mean by " link is not propered"?  How do you change it to something else?  It is in the media library under that link name.
  • Basically what he meant is this:
    Download the logo from your media library to your PC and then upload it again.
    After that, go to theme options>global>logo and set this logo.
    thanks
  • Thanks,  it made no sense, but it worked!