No plugin updates, but site is registered fine

Hi,

For a long time now I don't get any updates of the plugins included with the theme. Everytime I want to update a plugin, I download the updated version from other sites, that I use the plugin. I have no idea what to do, I have already tried to delete the theme entirely and then re-install it.

Kind Regards,
George

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co

Make a screenshot of a "BeTheme > Install Plugins" too.
    thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the reply. I did not add a link cause I didn't think it would help. Here's the link www.serialpixels.com and here's a snapshot https://snipboard.io/VX9P02.jpg

Kind Regards,
    George

• So, probably it's related to the holding cache of your hosting provider, you can ask him about it.
    But, the most simple way is to uninstall the plugin which you want to have updated and install it through the BeTheme > Install Plugins - it will automatically install the latest version available from our api.

Thanks
  • Thanks Pablo,

Can you plz elaborate more about the holding cache, cause I have other sites with betheme in the same server and they update just fine. What exactly do we have to do?

G.
  • Check if you don't have any cache plugins enabled, if not, you should contact your hosting provider about it.
    But, in best case it will be to reinstall the plugins.
    If you are worried about your data, please make a backup first using this plugin:

Thanks
  • I'll do whatever you said and I'll let you know, how it went. If I still don't get updates, I'll write it here.

G.
  • edited September 2019
    Hi Pablo,

I uninstalled the plugin but have a look of the version it will install for me! It's 5.5.2! And the it installs 6.0.2! There is definitely something wrong! 
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

I have send you the credentials, what link do you need on this page?

Kind Regards,
    George
  • Hello George,
    It's all about your browser's cache.
    I was on your website and I can notice, that all of your plugins are up to date.

Thanks
  • edited September 2019
    Pablo,

If you read above, I managed to update them, but there were some issues. Plz try to remove them and then check the version that says it will be installed, it is an old one! Then after you install them, you will see that it will install the latest version. This is kind weird...

There are no cache problems anywhere. I have double checked.

G.
  • Sorry, but it works fine.
    The RevSlider is updated to 6: http://prntscr.com/p53o1e
    The WPBakery is updated to 6.0.2: http://prntscr.com/p53oix
    It's not an old version, everything is up to date.

Thanks
  • Pablo,

Please read the conversion from the start. You are not following me. Just remove the plugins and you will see what I mean, or just see the screenshot above. It will say that it will install version 5.5.2, bit it will install the 6.0.2 one! Same with the other plugins. I have about 7 installations of betheme, and they are all working just fine. Same server, same setup. This one is not! I also tried to remove the whole theme and re-install it, but nothing is fixed.

Please see the whole picture, not just the latest updates. Otherwise, we will leave it here and on the next update I will come again, saying the same things and bothering you. 

Thanks
  • edited September 2019
    Hey,
    we see the issue and we understand completly. The issue shows on your server, on multiple websites, as you mentioned. If there was a problem with the theme, the issue would appear constantly.
    We cannot re-create this issue on our side because everything is working fine and no other user is complaining about this.
    We will take a closer look into this with our dev team and let you know if we find something.
    We do not think that this is not an issue, but it does let you use the newest version of the plugin and does not affect the website in a negative way. Please install and continue using the plugins.
    thanks
  • Thank you Bryan,

Let me know if you find something.Just keep in mind that the issues shows only on 1 website, the rest are working just fine.

Kind Regards,
    George
  • Hi guys,

I return with the same issue once again. Revolution slider has an new version (6.1.2), but it doesn't show on my plugin updates on the specific site. I just finished updating the other sites.

Looking forward for your reply.

Kind Regards,
    George
  • Dear George,
    if other websites on your server are working fine then this cannot be a theme issue. Other than that, we never got a simillar issue like yours from other users. We can only susspect that this might be a database malfunction from moving the website or from using third party plugins that we do not support. This is not a very concerning issue because your website works fine and the plugin is always installing the newest version available. We cannot really do anything about that.
    thanks
  • Hi Bryan,

I have only one question. If I had just this site, on this server, would your answer be the same?

I don't "care" if other users have the same, issue, cause I have it!

You had also disabled all other plugins and the issue remains (we use the same plugins on all our sites). We had removed the whole website twice, we reinstalled everything and still nothing (deleted all dbs etc, totally removed everything). It's not like we haven't tried before we came to the creators for help.

You reply is quite important to us, cause thank god this is our own website! We can't have such an issue with a client's website in the future.

Kind Regards,
    George
  • Hey,

it is not that we do not care. We just cannot replicate this issue, and no one has ever reported it in the past. If this was an issue, we would get a lot of reports.

I did not mean that you disable plugins and the issue remains, I meant that one of the plugins that you are using, or used in the past on this installation could have corrupted the database.
    This would explain why even reinstalling the theme does not help - the database stays the same, only the theme files get swapped.

thanks

• I never said that you don't care. On the contrary, I said that you help!

We removed everything! db's, files, and re-installed from scratch. We even installed just the theme, with no 3rd party plugins and the problem remained!

Is there a chance that this is an issue with the registration number? Can we cancel this one and get an new one, to try this solutions also?

G.
  • edited October 2019
    FYI, we tried another theme and everything is updating just fine...This is why is so weird to us all!
  • Well, another theme is not going to work the same and it is not a good comparison.
    Have you tried deregistering and then registering with the same license key?
    Please do that while all of the plugins are disabled, most issues that we see come from the wordfence plugin.

So have you tried to create a new domain and then install betheme with a fresh database?
    You said that other websites work fine. Or only new websites that you create have this issue?
    You can create a new one, download the newest version of betheme and check it out without registering. You will not be able to install it but it should show the versions.

• - We have tried registering and registering the theme again with the same key, with plugins and without plugins at all, didn't work.

- We haven't tried with a new domain, cause that will actually be another website. All other websites, new and old are working just fine, that makes us really crazy!!! We just created a new one, just check the screenshot https://snipboard.io/5C2QW9.jpg

We will check wordfence again...

• So there must be something either with the domain on your server because it could have other server settings or some stupid cache options or even .htaccess issues.

Did you try to contact your hosting provider about that? Maybe he would shed some light on this issue. They mostly do not, but you can try ;)