Parralax not working properly

Hi there

Since I updatet from version 16 to the newest version (21.5) of the BeTheme, the parralax function of my background images on several pages dont work properly anymore: the image appears static and "scrolls up and down" with you instead of the original parralax-effect (check it out on my mainpage here: http://simonrouge.com/). Whats wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Comments

• Hello Simon,
    Can you tell me (and show on the screenshot), which parallax should work?
    As Can I see, the parallax of the eyes behind the content does work.

Thanks
  • Hey Pablo

Tahnks for the fast response. As it appears, on my other Computer the parralax-effect works fine (displayed on a 3880x1440 diplay). But on my laptop (1920x1080) as well as on a MacBook Air its not working properly - on all of my pages, not just the landingpage. I tested it with firefox (72.0.1 (64-Bit)) and microsoft edge. The parralax-effect looks as if it would be "lagging" around (like in computergames). Whats wrong?
  • This is because of mousewheel, it's normal behaviour because mouse scroll isn't smooth.
    It worked like that before, becuase we were using the nice-scroll plugin, but right now it's really trouble making, we had to abandon it.

Try it with the touchpad, you'll notice that it's not lagging anymore.
    Thanks
  • Hey Pablo

Unfortunately, its not because of the mousewheel. On my big screen (3880x1440) it works fine. When i use the same mouse on my laptop, i got the same problems as before (mentionet in my last posts). It looks clearly like a problem of the parralax-effect. I made you a video of the problem here:

Are there some new options in version 21.5 that I my have missed? Because before (with version 16) i never had those issues. It affects all paralax-effects on my whole website. Whats the problem?

• So, I investigated it more and most likely the source of the problem is related to the background image because this resolution is really huge.
    Also, on parallax effect the image should have more height than width.

In your case, we suggest to switch the parallax effect to fixed, it should scroll fine then.
    Thanks
  • Hey Pablo

Thanks for the further investigation. Unfortunately, its not only the paralax-effect on the landingpage. The problem occures troughout the whole website. All paralax-effects on the page suffer the same problems as mentioned above, for example here:

or here:

I could switch them all to "fixed", but its not the same as a parralax-effect. And whats most annoying, that this wasnt a problem at all with version 16. So it has to do something with the new version of BeTheme. Any guesses what it could be?
  • It was working more smooth because of the "nice-scroll" script which was abandoned about half year ago - we had to do it because that script caused issues and it was making a lot of trobule with basic functionalities of the theme.

All that we can suggest right now is decreasing the resolution of the background image or the background size switch to fixed effect.

Thanks
  • Hey Pablo

Okay, thats a bummer... are you going to fix that problem soon? Parralax is (was) a really nice effect that I used often all over my page.
  • https://themes.muffingroup.com/be/parallax/ i just checked out one of your demo-sites to see if the parralax-effect persists there too. And it does indeed! Looks really broken and messy like on my site. Please guys fix this soon, parralax is crucial.
  • It's not an issue to be honest.
    As I said, it's because we do not use the nice-scroll anymore (and this pre-built you sent is kinda old).
    If you would like to make it more smooth, you would have to install and configure the nice-scroll script.

For now, we do not have in plans tweaking the parallax effect.
    Thanks