WP Bakery Backend Issues when Contact Form 7 Activated

Hi,

I seem to be having an issue where the the WP Bakery backend editor comes up when editing, but doesn't display any info or functions when Contact Form 7 is activated. Disabling Contact Form 7 fixes the problem.  Front end display of WP Bakery coding works just fine.  Anyone else experiencing this problem.  Theme, WordPress and all plugins are at the latest version.  This issue only happens with Be Theme.  Avada, Bridge, and some others don't have this problem.

Thanks for any help you can offer. 

Comments

• Hello,
    Are BeTheme and WPBakery up to date?
    Also, do you use other plugins too? Maybe the problem is not related to the CF7 itself.

Please test it with only WPBakery and CF7 plugins enabled.
    Thanks
  • Hey Pablo, thanks for responding.

BeTheme 21.5, WP 5.3.2, and WPBakery 6.1  (all at latest versions).

Thank you for the reminder to test with only those two enabled.  

When I trimmed it down to only a few plugins: WP Bakery, WP Force SSL, Redirection for Contact Form 7, and Contact Form 7 everything runs fine.

The image settings display fine now all the time, but the text settings boxes still display empty when I try to enable Easy Updates Manager and/or Duplicate Post while Contact Form 7 is enabled.  It works fine when CF7 is disabled and one or both of the others are enabled.  It works fine when CF7 is enabled and neither of the other two are enabled.

I have no child theme, and I have not modified any theme files. 

(It is the BeTheme distribution of WPBakery just FYI.)

Any other thoughts?
  • Sadly, we do not support the "WP Force SSL, Redirection for Contact Form 7 and Easy Updates Manager", so if the problem occures while these plugins are turned on, we are not able help you.

Thanks
  • I understand that.  

If CF7, WP Bakery, and Duplicate Post are the ONLY plugins activated the problem happens.  All are your approved plugins.

When these three plugins are activated, the text box settings in WP Bakery do not display.

I included the additional information with the thought that it might help you troubleshoot (the fact that Easy Updates Manager caused the same problem that Duplicate Post does).

Appreciate any additional information you can provide.
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hello,
    when I disabled those plugins:
    It works fine:
    thanks
  • As before, I disabled those plugins and tested with the text block, all works fine:
    thanks
  • Bryan, I cannot duplicate your results.  Please see my latest response here:

https://meridianstreetfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/TextBlockError01222020.pdf
  • Please tell me, do you have any browser's extensions installed?
    If so, please deactivate them too and clear the browser cache, it could be the source of the problem too.
    Thanks
  • It's so odd you cannot repeat this error.  I can repeat it on every computer, OS, and browser I have.  I have deactivated extensions.  I have cleared browser cache on all of them.  The error is consistent and repeatable.  I even tested it under your login (I have thus changed the password I sent).  What browser, os, and device configuration are you running in which this works.

I will try it from a completely different computer and network tomorrow.

And I's like to just double check to make sure there is no misunderstanding.  You have Contact Form 7, Duplicate Post, and WP Bakery all activated, nothing else, and it works for you?
  • I deleted your login.  Let me know if you want it back.

• Can you restore it?
    We'll check it on other device once more with greater investigation about it.
    Thanks
  • I hoped that updating to 21.5.3 might fix it but it didn't. 

I've sent an email with the new login.

Note, of course this error is with WP Bakery so that has to be activated.
    Things work fine with Contact Form 7 OR Duplicate Post activated.
    The error occurs when both of those two are activated.

Interested to hear what you think.
  • So, I turned off these two plugins and it started to work:

I also tested it on another device and it works too.
    I think, that the problem is related to the WP Force SSL, because SSL shouldn't be made with plugin, but on hosting settings.
    There is no error messages on the console and the configuration of the theme and wordpress is fine.

Thanks
  • Interestingly I installed that Force SSL plugin because the normal htaccess files most everyone uses on sites, and that I use on the rest of my sites, was what I originally thought was causing havoc with Be theme. When I took that off my htaccess file and used the plugin instead, at least some of the wpbakery function windows worked. 

Okay, it's clear that this is something unique to my server configuration and we can't figure it out here.  I sincerely thank you for your efforts and I'm bummed I won't be able to use BeTheme on anymore of my sites, but wish you all the best.  If I ever do figure out what happened, I'll post it here.
  • If you have some other questions feel free to ask.
    Remember, that SSL should be set on the hosting settings, not through the wordpress plugin.
    Thanks
  • After the WP 5.5 update many other aspects of the WordPress backend broke on this website site and it became almost unusable.  Plugins were not the problem. Reverting to 2020 theme solved some but not all of the problems.  

So I started fresh and rebuilt the site in a new directory on the server.  I imported content, but the BeTheme, plugins, and WordPress installations were fresh.  

The site now works fine and the conflict between contact form 7 and WP Bakery is no longer an issue.  Everything seems to be resolved.  So I think this issue must have been a database or file corruption issue.  Just wanted to give you all a follow up report and thank you again for your attempts to provide assistance with this issue.
  • Please follow this topic:

A lot of issues after updating the WP to 5.5 is not our theme related, but plugin related.
    We already published the new version of the theme which fixes the problem which were coming from our theme :)
    thanks