yoast seo 12.8 Problem

Hello everyone, I realize that this is not a forum for my question, but I need help urgently. I upgraded to Yoast Seo 12.8 in early 2020 and now nothing works. I can no longer make any settings. No keywords, no titles. Please help me. Kind regards Thomas from Hello,
sorry i don't know what's happened. But thank you for your comment. And this is my Post.

Comments

• Hello,
    Are you sure, that you disabled the "Use Built-in fields" option in the Theme Options > SEO?

It has to be turned off because otherwise system will use betheme's default seo fields.
    Also, please send us a link to your website if our answer will be not working.
    Thanks
  • Hello Pablo, thanks for your tip. I checked it again and I can tell you I'm sure. The problem only appeared with update 12.8. Everything worked before. I read that it also happened to some other WP users. But I have never read how to fix this problem. I also updated yoast seo but that didn't help either. I already despair. I have a new customer to create a website for and I want to buy a new Betheme license. And I wanted to know if the problem is between Bethem and yoast. I have already checked whether it is a plugin problem. But I can't get to the bottom of it. Can this also be a provider problem?

Thank you and best Regards  Thomas
  • Can you send us a link to your website?
    I have to check your source code of the website.

Also, did you check if while all of the other plugins are disabled the Yoast SEO does work correctly?
    Thanks
  • Hallo Pablo,

thank you for your coment.

Yes i checked the youast seo plugin doesn't work when al the other plugins are disabled.
    That was the first i checked.

And these is my website

https://thomaslaubscher.com

• Sorry, but I do not understand, the yoast seo code is inserted in the page source and it looks like it's correct.

What do you mean by it does not work? You cannot entry the plugin's settings or what?
    Can you explain it greater?
    Thanks
  • Ungefähr 144.000.000 Ergebnisse (0,30 Sekunden) 
    Hinweise zum Datenschutz bei Google
    Hello Pablo,

Yes that's right this page is 3 years old and the Seo is already finished, but what I mean is that since I switched to 12.8 I have no more options to make seo settings. I bought a new Betheme license yesterday, uploaded yoast seo plugin and I cannot make any settings. I took 2 screenshots to show you. But how can I send them to you? If you want I can also send you the login data.
    Thank you for your help.
    Best regards Thomas
  • Ungefähr 144.000.000 Ergebnisse (0,30 Sekunden) 
    Hinweise zum Datenschutz bei Google
     Hello Pablo,

Yes that's right this page is 3 years old and the Seo is already finished,
    but what I mean is that since I switched to 12.8 I have no more options to make seo settings.
    I bought a new Betheme license yesterday, uploaded yoast seo plugin and I cannot make any
    settings. I took 2 screenshots to show you. But how can I send them to you?
    If you want I can also send you the login data.
    Thank you for your help.
    Best regards Thomas
  • Hello Pablo,

Yes that's right this page is 3 years old and the Seo is already finished, but what I mean is that since I switched to 12.8 I have no more options to make seo settings. I bought a new Betheme license yesterday, uploaded yoast seo plugin and I cannot make any settings. I took 2 screenshots to show you. But how can I send them to you? If you want I can also send you the login data.
    Thank you for your help.
    Best regards Thomas
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hallo Pablo,
    i have sent you my dashboard access.

Thank you for helping

Thomas
  • Hello,
    These login credentials you sent are not working, please send them once more, but this time test them before you send them.

Thanks
  • Hey Pablo,

i am so sorry but the access i sent is korrekt but i am so sorry becouse i i was so nervous and changed the password. Now it is correct again - what I have sent you. I just checked it and I don't promise to play around with it anymore. ;-))
    Best regards

Thomas
  • Your BeTheme is really old, please update it first:
    Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the
    files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a
    fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.
    thanks
  • Hello Pablo, your idea or your suggestion gave me an idea.
    I checked what you have had and I found that I actually uploaded an outdated theme. That was pretty stupid of me. I bought a new theme from Themeforrest especially for this website. I've changed that now but it doesn't change the problem with yoast seo. However, if I have an older version of Yoast seo omasz. 12.5 upload everything works again.
    Weird, is not it ?

Best regards
    Thomas
  • It shouldn't make any problems, as I see, you already updated it to 13.1
    Is it still making problems? - I was on your website and I could change everything in the Yoast SEO settings.
    Thanks
  • Hello Pablo,

thank you for your efforts, it's weird but i can't change anything.
    But I think I have a guess. But I can't check that at the moment.
    Do you think it can be a Java script error in my Firefox browser?
    Best regards
    Thomas
  • I'm able to customize it anyway.

Sorry, but I do not understand where the problem is.
    Thanks
  • edited February 2020
    Hello Pablo, thank you for your help and the many valuable tips you have given me.
    At first I thought it was a plugin conflict, then I thought there was a problem with the theme.
    But when you told me that you were in the wordpress file with me and that you can make any
    changes to yost, I was with a friend who has a Windows computer, I have an Apple
    and everything worked for my friend. I read that yoast seo is based on javascript.
    And I have a slightly older Mac and I think that my browser cannot cope with this update to
    yoast seo 12.8.

Thank you very much for your help
    Best regards
    Thomas
  • I do not understand at all.
    I'm working on Mac too and it works fine, it has to be problem related to your browser, did you check it on other software? (I'm using the firefox)
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,
    im working with the firefox too but i think i have an older version of the firefox and my Mac too ;-))

Thank you
    Best regards
    Thomas
  • Hello Pablo,
    thanks again for your help.
    Do you know a way how I can change the font size in the action bar and
    how I can change the distance outside.
    Breasts greetings
    Thomas
  • The size of the Action Bar font is inherit from the "Content", so if you would like to change it, you have to change it for all of the content.
    If you want to change the "Action Bar" font size only, you have to create a CSS code.

About the second question, what do you exactly mean? You want to make it bigger, right?
    Thanks
  • In the past, with my older theme, I could just do that

<h5> <span style = "padding-left: 75px"> informing is worthwhile </span> </h5>

I was able to enlarge the text of the action bar and move it 75px further to the right. Thanks
  • This is due to Envato new security changes which we have to follow. From now on you cannot use HTML markup in most of Theme options. Fields that previously accepted HTML now only accept plain text.
    Only basic HTML tags like strong and u are working. Read more about the changes here:
    https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000481243-WordPress-Theme-Security-Requirements#h_674316188621522302914837

thanks