Unable to update or install: the package contains no files error.

edited April 2020 in Visual Composer
Hi there, I just purchased a new license and successfully registered Betheme for the site communityattire.net. When I attempt to install/update the visual composer and revolution slider plugins, I get the message pasted in below (update/install failed). I tried to install it from scratch and get this message, same thing when I install older versions of the plugins from another instance of Betheme and then try to update on this site, can you please advise  how I can get the updates from: 6.0.5 > 6.1 (visual composer) and 6.1.4 > 6.2.2 (revolution slider)

Thanks!

Downloading update from https://api.muffingroup.com/plugins/download.php?code=d1822b5b-ed76-####-####-#######&plugin=js_composer

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

Plugin update failed.

Comments

• (full license key redacted in example update string)
  • same here !
    fresh install on last wordpress but cannot install rev slider and some others...
  • Hey, this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)

After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.

thanks
  • Thanks so much, that license management tool helped! The theme was registered with a temp domain so I re-registered it with the correct domain.