Can't update WP Bakery Plugin

Hello, I purchased the BeTheme on ThemeForest, when I try to update my WP Bakery Visual Composer there is an error:

To receive automatic updates license activation is required. Please visit Settings to activate your WPBakery Page Builder.

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance.
António

Comments

• Hi,
    you can update the bundled plugin from betheme>install plugins, there you should do it ;)
    Thanks
  • I have tried this every which way and cannot get it to update/install or activate?
  • I am following your instructions, however, slider revolution, wpbakery, BeTheme Header Builder and Layer Slider will not update and therefore not activate. The update indicates that all have updated ok - but a newer version is still available and needs to update!!How is this resolved? I have followed the instructions : update through betheme to no avail and through wordpress to no avail.
  • Which version of the WPBakery do you have?
    Also, is your BeTheme up to date?

thanks
  • SH!T! I've been replying on the wrong thread.....

There is no error message.
    Says installed/updated successfully.
    Also can'#t get slider revolution to work.

Second image shows them update error for some reason. Rerun update with success message.
    However, plugin page same as first image saying plugin needs update!!
    I also do not get the slider revolution down the side menu... only in teh installed plugins page. And none will activate.
  • WTF! It's gone! It was there but is now not?
  • I cannot update my BeTheme. This is also one of the  problems.

• Installing Plugin: WPBakery Page Builder

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /home/domains/vol2/487/2827487/user/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/

Plugin installation failed.

TGMPA v2.6.1

Return to Required Plugins Installer

• rkc-rkccltd,
    Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact
    form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what
    might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Also, please do not post in massive amount of the posts of blog, do it in one and I'll respond you ;)

Thanks
  • BeTheme Header Builder
    UpdateBeTheme Header Builder
    Pre-Packaged Recommended
    1.0.5Installed version:

1.0.6Available version:

Active, Requires Update
    Layer Slider
    UpdateLayer Slider
    Pre-Packaged Recommended
    6.9.2Installed version:

6.11.1Available version:

Active, Requires Update
    Slider Revolution
    UpdateSlider Revolution
    Pre-Packaged Recommended
    6.1.3Installed version:

6.2.14Available version:

Active, Requires Update
  • Try update all....

Install Plugins
    The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Plugin BeTheme Header Builder (1/3)
    BeTheme Header Builder updated successfully. Show details.

Updating Plugin Layer Slider (2/3)
    An error occurred while updating Layer Slider: Update package not available.

Updating Plugin Slider Revolution (3/3)
    An error occurred while updating Slider Revolution: Update package not available.

Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.
  • BeTheme Header Builder
    UpdateBeTheme Header Builder
    Pre-Packaged Recommended
    1.0.5Installed version:

1.0.6Available version:

Active, Requires Update
    Contact Form 7 Pre-Packaged Recommended
    5.1.9Installed version:

Active
    Duplicate Post Pre-Packaged Recommended
    3.2.4Installed version:

Active
    Force Regenerate Thumbnails Pre-Packaged Recommended
    2.0.6Installed version:

Active
    Layer Slider
    UpdateLayer Slider
    Pre-Packaged Recommended
    6.9.2Installed version:

6.11.1Available version:

Active, Requires Update
    Slider Revolution
    UpdateSlider Revolution
    Pre-Packaged Recommended
    6.1.3Installed version:

6.2.14Available version:

Active, Requires Update
    WPBakery Page Builder
    InstallWPBakery Page Builder
    Pre-Packaged Recommended
    6.2Available version:

Not Installed
  • Anyone there?
  • Install Plugins
    The installation process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Installing Plugin WPBakery Page Builder (1/1)
    Unpacking the package…
    Installing the plugin…
    Plugin installation failed.
    An error occurred while installing WPBakery Page Builder: Destination folder already exists. /home/domains/vol2/487/2827487/user/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/.

• Please do what I asked you before.

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact
    form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what
    might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Pablo,

Sorry about that - I was posting too much and missed you message the first time... (panic!)
    Have sent...
  • that's a wordpress login yeah?
  • Pablo,
    Had to change logins
  • About the revolution slider, it updated after all of the plugins were disabled.
    To fix the problem with WPBakery, please get into your FTP and remove the folder named "js_composer" in plugins folder of wordpress.

After that, with all of the plugins disabled, you will be able to download and install it ;)
    thanks
  • How do I do that?

• edited June 2020
    Pablo,

Recursive deletion?
    Deleting and retriving? 1060 files so far.....?

• But, instead of renaming, please get into the plugins folder, and remove the directory with the js_composer.
    thanks
  • edited June 2020
    Pablo,

I don't know what you're talking about but none of you're words came true.
    Please review this chronological diary of events/results...
    Also Imagix is missing? Whatever that is?

So as you can see, having deleted the js_composer folder and trying to deactivate all the plugins, the slider revolution did NOT install/update as you describe.
    The theme did NO update. WPBakery did NOT install/update.
    In fact pretty much no change and now things missing.

If I'm honest with you, this situation is getting worse and I am losing time, money and patience. I do not do this for a living and need some more help that Joe Blow the Web Designer, please?
    Any chance you can speak to me in small simple words? Pretend I've never seen a computer before.
    Please provide a contact for a complaint procedure if this cannot be resolved quickly.
  •  There is a js_composer folder in an uploads folder also?
    Delete this?
  • 1) The Imagix problem is not a theme issue, but the hosting problem - this is a theme support forum, so problem with your server should be solved with your hosting provider, not us.

2) We took the further investigation, why plugins are not updating as they should and we noticed, that something is wrong with your theme source code, and we have a question:

Where did you get that version of BeTheme?
    The core code of our theme is modified and functionality related to license key registration is overwritten, so it always return that theme is registered, even if it's not - our system does recognize it and installation or updating the plugin will not work as desired.

This is a license key violation.
    Thanks
  • The theme was install by a developer and he has since disappeared... I purchased the theme and there was a problem with it. He did something and I haven't seen him since. I have the theme purchase code though. Can this be fixed?
  • Code sent by message box..

• Could you give me a bit more than 
    This is a license key violation.
    Thanks
    please? 
    Like how to resolve it?

I'm not enjoying my experience with Muffin/BeTheme. The support staff seem to have a real "f***you" attitude.
    Please provide a contact for complaints.
    Where can I get a refund?

• The page was already having problems and had to be rebuilt once already. There is a back up somewhere in my file structure, but again - no real help just a quick fix and cheerio..
    Any chance you could take a bit of time to actually help rather than dismissing me?!?!
  • edited June 2020
    We were investigating the source of the problem and we found that your theme is not 'legal' at all.
    The theme code is modificated that way, to avoid the license key validation, that's why all of these malfunctions happen and that why I told you about the 'license key violation'

Please, login into your themeforest profile and download whole betheme package.
    You will have to install your betheme once more - of course, your content and theme options will not be deleted because they are stored in the database.

Check out this video, you have to follow all of the steps as mentioned here:
    But, as you will see at 1:13, the drag and drop the betheme folder from your PC to server, be sure that you removed the betheme folder before it.

If you want to get a refund, please send this information privately thru the contact form which is on the
    right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact

Thanks