Plugin packages cannot be installed.. Do I need to pay for support to get them working?

I have BeTheme and had these messages

The following plugins need to be updated to their latest version to ensure maximum compatibility with this theme: BeTheme Header Builder, Layer Slider, Slider Revolution and WPBakery Page Builder.

Installed But Not Activated, Requires Update

So I clicked to update them but got the following error

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

Plugin update failed.

I found a similar issue in this thread, but I still wasnt exactly sure what to do

I am wondering if I need to pay for support for my theme in order to update these plugins? Slider Revolution isn't working properly on my website anymore, so I know that there are some things that arent working correctly. 
I have bought several different themes in the past and none of them required me to buy support within a few months (I think I am just a bit over the 6 months since I purchased this theme). 
Is it the case that there just happened to be a major wordpress update right after my support ran out? If so the error wasnt clear but I guess I will have to pay to update the theme again (hopefully this doesnt need to happen every few months).

And if there is a different solution, what do I do?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Hey,
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest
    If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)
    After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.

The support license is only for the help from us, from the support forum and email support, if that license will expire, you will be able to update your theme or install plugins - you just will lose access for the support.

thanks
  • could this be because the theme is registered to the staging site "stage.mysite.com" instead of registered to "mysite.com"?
    Would I just need to hit the "deregister" button on the WP backend of the staging site and that would sort it out?
  • Yes, it should be working then.
    If you want to use your license key on subdomain too, please register it on main domain first, then on subdomains ;)
    thanks