Unable to update theme

Hello, We are running into an issue, when trying to install a theme update, there us an error coming up saying "Update failed: The package could not be installed". We currently have version 21.1.4, and are running the site on Wordpress 5.5.1 Please help!

Comments

• Hey,
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest
    If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)
    After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.
    thanks
  • edited September 2020
    I am having this issue on many of the sites I have registered - and YES, I have purchased individual licenses for each. 

This process doesn't work because when I try to deregister from the licensing site, I get a message that says "Your site still uses BeTheme. Please delete all theme files before deregistration." 

Additionally, when I try to deregister from within WordPress, I get a message that "Referer domain is different than registered domain."  However, if you look at the license page, it shows the correct domain with the correct license. 

I really shouldn't have to delete all the theme files in order to fix this... is there an updated way to make this work? Again, this is happening on several of the 14 sites where I have registered BeTheme licenses.
  • If your website is working, please deregister it from the Dashboard of the BeTheme.
    If your website does not work remove whole files from FTP, but if your website does not exists anymore, please use the api tool:

thanks