error occurred while updating Betheme

Hello,

I just wanted to update the theme and I get the following error message: 

An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package does not contain any files.

The license is registered and activated. What could be the problem?

Best regards

Natalie

Comments

• Hey,

This message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest.

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard).

After that, get into the license manager once more. If the license key is still claimed - deregister it. If it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme -> Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins a couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.

Thanks

• Hi Phil,

I relinked the license and then I was able to do the update as well.

Unfortunately, I now have a much bigger problem. I wanted to make some changes to the content and I edited the page with BeBuilder. However, now no page content is displayed to me at all. What did I do wrong?

Best regards 

Natalie

• The content in the builder is visible, or it does not appear either?

Please, restore the content from before the page update, and see if the same thing will happen.

Thanks

• I can see the content when I select "Edit page".

When I edit the page with the BeBuilder, there is no more content, although everything was displayed to me before. 

And when I select the Show Content option, I get this view....

What have I done...????

• The content you see is placed in the WP editor. Did you use it to build the page or use the Builder -> SEO option?

Did you try to restore the content as I suggested in my previous message?

Thanks

• I'm sorry. I took over the page and did not know that it was not originally created with the BeBuilder. 

I could not restore the content as you described. The time does not go back long enough. 

Can I "switch off" the BeBuilder somewhere so that I can use the WP editor? I only have a few small text changes to make.

• To hide the BeBuilder, please, head to Betheme -> theme options -> Global -> Advanced, and change Muffin Builder (currently BeBuilder) visibility to Hide for Everyone.

Thanks

• Thank you very much for your help!