BeBuilder does not update the modified date on pages

edited May 2022 in BeBuilder

A couple of days ago I reported a bug to Yoast saying that the sitemaps did not show the modification date of a page.

But I have been looking at the modification dates internally and the problem is that it is BeBuilder itself that does not update the modification date in pages (I don't know if it also happens in the blog, clients, etc.)

Today is May 26 and it is 8:16 p.m. and I have just modified a page and this is what appears to me in WP:

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

Where do you find that option to turn on? I do not have the tab with "modification date" on pages.

thanks

• I installed a plugin to be able to see it in the administration list that actually shows what is saved in the BBDD.

Likewise, this information appears in the meta and json of the html:

<meta property="article:modified_time" content="2022-05-19T09:53:38+00:00">

"datePublished":"2022-05-16T18:00:43+00:00","dateModified":"2022-05-19T09:53:38+00:00"

• Is this any extension for the plugin?

I enabled the Yoast SEO and I still, do not see that date.

thanks

• edited May 2022

I don't know if it is shown by Yoast or the plugin I installed to see the modification.

Just in case, this is the plugin: https://es.wordpress.org/plugins/show-modified-date-in-admin-lists/

But equally, as I have mentioned before, the problem is in the DB.

The plugins read from there, and if the DB isn't right, neither will the rest.

You can see it in the wp_post table, in the post_modified columns.

I think you have to see if the BeBuilder changes those fields (or the ones that are related) every time there is a change because otherwise neither this data nor its relationship with the sitempas make sense so you can see what has changed.

And if so, I think it should be fixed quickly because it must affect everyone who uses BeTheme in their projects and it directly affects crawlers and SEO.

Thanks.

• Sorry, but we did not test this script/plugin with the theme. Our policy states that we do not support third-party plugins or custom code, so, unfortunately, we cannot help you.

The BeBuilder is not prepared to change the date in the database of that plugin record.

Also, we cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support. You can find the list on this page, in the sidebar:

https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048

Thanks

• edited May 2022

But let's see...

I don't want the plugin at all. I only installed it to check the actual modification date.

The problem is that when you modify a page with BeBuilder you do not change the NATIVE modification date of WordPress and that is a total problem.

I use Yoast SEO, because it also has the option of sitemps. Okay.

Let's assume I'm not using Yoast, and I'm going to generate a sitmap with the WordPress Native data. What is the use of working with BeBuilder if it does not update the page modification data in the WordPress database itself?

I thought that BeTheme was the best integrated builder with WordPress but reading this answer of yours, the truth is that it worries me.

The case where it does work is as follows:

1) I create a new page in WP.

2) I edit it with the native wordPress editor.

3) every time I edit it and click the UPDATE button, it updates the modification date in the database.

With BeBuilder no.

So? Regardless of sitemaps or whatever. The problem here is that you don't update the modification date in the database of the page itself.

It is as if I edited code in BeBuilder and it was not saved in the DB. It wouldn't make sense, would it?

I think that if you really DO NOT WANT the modification date of a page to be modified (as WordPress does natively) you should inform all clients, warning that the crawlers will ignore the sitemaps (to give an example of how important it can be to have this well updated). data), and thus won't crawl newly updated pages (or take much longer to crawl).

And the problem is that I don't know if it only happens on the pages or it also happens on the blog, clients, testimonials, portfolio, etc...

• Hello,

I have contacted the dev team, and they said that they will take a closer look at this.

If we do not encounter any obstacles we will implement that to the BeBuilder.

Best regards

• You have finally seen that the problem is not really the plugins used so that it could teach you that the date was not modified, but rather the BIG PROBLEM is that BeBuilder does not update the modification date in the DB.

Just as it saves all the fields in the BBDD, the modification dates can also be done because other constructors do.

I hope you can fix this big problem that, I remind you, that I have not tested if it also happens with the rest of the input types.

I'd appreciate it if you could check it out too.

I think I can speak for the entire community when I say that I hope it can be resolved quickly to help all of us who have a license with you.

I hope I have been able to help further improve your builder.

• Hello,

I would like to know how this topic is after 15 days of your latest news.

I was talking with WP and with Yoast SEO (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/modification-date-is-not-updated-in-sitemaps/#post-15731418) and indeed all the plugins read that field of last modification.

It is a native field that every developer can/should use.

I hope such an important thing in a constructor is being fixed. Can you inform me about it?

I have over 140 projects waiting for this to be fixed.

Remember that I said that it happened to me on the pages, but it should also be checked in all kinds of posts (portfolio, clients, testimonials, blog, etc.)

• We resolved it, and this fix will be included in the upcoming update, which should be out in a few days.

Best regards

• This is very good news!

Thank you very much on behalf of everyone.

Thanks.