How to create sidebar and set up for page?

Comments

• @livelinerz We recommend to deactivate extra plugins then and if this won't help, we recommend to re-install theme because this works on 100% as we checked this already.
  • I deactivated all plugins and problem still there. I had renamed one of the post categories with same name of new category that I created. I didn't know the theme automatically created a sidebar widget so that's why I originally renamed one of the existing ones so I could use the existing sidebar widget not realizing that automatic corresponding sidebar widget is created when you create a new post category. Could this cause this glitch?
  • @livelinerz Yes, this could cause a problem of course. But if you won't be able to sort it, you must install fresh theme files again because we do not have other recommendation.
  • I deleted the theme and reinstalled. Still having problem.
  • So you re-installed theme or removed all files completely and installed everything again? Did you tried to re-install wordpress itself as well? Because if you did it as well, then we have completely no idea what else could be the problem on your side as sidebars works on 100%.
  • edited June 2015
    I was able to create a sidebar but I can't use the sidebars that are automatically created for posts. 
  • But we do not have option that sidebars automatically creates for posts. We do not have anything like that included into theme so this won't work.
  • Hello!
    Im doing everyhing right but sidebar is apperaring in the end of the page and not in the right position as set. ANy sollution on that please?
  • Ok found it! I added the name of the sidebat in the blog pages sidebars in theme options!!
    Perfect theme! Thank you!
  • @tranaee Great :) We're glad to hear that you found it.
  • Hi Muffin,

I have a question.
    How can I EXCLUDE sidebar on home page but it appears on others?

Regards,
    singcat
  • @singcat You can do this with individual settings for pages. You can select sidebar per each page.
  • i can't add sidebar for porfolio page.

• @D2designdotvn Please update your theme files via FTP because at this moment it looks like you did something wrong with your theme files.
  • I used the latest version but nothing change.

Thanks.
  • @D2designdotvn Did you also deactivated all extra plugins and addons? If you did it and still does not work, then please send us private message with access to the dashboard and FTP and we'll see what you broke.
  • Everything is Okie. Thanks for your time @muffingroup !!!
  • I can not add widget to sidebar. 
    When I drag the widget to the sidebar widget disappears. I have read the discussion and see that the problem is not just me. I made more than one site on WordPress widgets and always enjoyed. With such a problem faced for the first time. Once again, the widget is not saved either in the sidebar or in the footer. Help, or I'll regret that spent money on your theme.
  • @petrowsa Please make sure that you don't have any special characters for sidebar names. Only standard characters can be used for titles.
  • edited December 2015
    I do not quite understand what it is specific. For example, I called the sidebar "Page2". This is normal?
    ------------
    The problem is that I can not add a widget on any sidebar.
    When I use the widgets page mode enabled special features. I get an error:

"Ooops... Error 404

We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist.

Please check entered address and try again or go to homepage

"

• Continued from previous issues:

-----------------------------
    If I press F5, then I stay on the same page with an error. But if you press the Enter on the URL on the command line, then it moves to the widgets page:
    http: //..../wp-admin/widgets.php
    -----------------------

Yet.I looked at the source code of this page with an error and I found the following entry:
    <!-- body -->
    <body class="error404 logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support .... wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.8.1 vc_responsive">
  • @petrowsa Do you add those widgets under Appearance > Widgets section? We are pretty sure that you do but would like to be 100% sure. Please then switch to default WP theme and check if you are unable to add widgets as well. BTW The sidebar name is fine because "Page2" does not contain any special characters.
  • What means witch to default WP theme? I'm losing everything already set up?
    How to do it?
    --------
    When this page of any version of the "save widget" or "delete" leads me to the error page.
  • No, you won't lose anything. Go to Appearance > Themes section and switch to default WP theme, like Twenty Fifteen for example. You see that after this change, you will get the same problem with widgets what means that our BeTheme is not the problem. We are asking you to do this so you can see yourself that problem is somewhere else. After this simple test, we suggest to re-install wordpress files but thru FTP only and also please turn off all extra plugins.
  • edited December 2015
    I  switch to default WP (Twenty Fifteen).
    And there's widgets are installed without problems!!! And it works.
    But is still a problem in the BeTheme.
    -------------------------------------
    Important!!! Widgets work fine if you install them from Apperance >> Customize (BeTheme)
    But there is only Footer widgets. No other widgets I can not adjust.
    ------------------------------------
    I need help! Because I liked the BeTheme and I would use it in future projects. But widgets - it's frustrating.
    ---------
    I Reset to Defaults BeTheme options - Did not help. It is not working.
    ---------
    WordPress updated to version 4.4. - Did not help. Widgets are not working. (Widgets are not fixed to the sidebar).

• @petrowsa Please send us private message with dashboard access then and we'll have a look on it closer because what you say sounds like "magic".
  • Hello
    I try to get in a sidebar to the left of my front page no other
    sides, but I do I get a sidebar on all my pages. I have set the sidebar
    settings under BeTheme options and settings for each page, I do not
    want a sidbar I set the layout full width No sidebar. What am I doing
    wrong?
    Sincerely
    Anders O Karlbom (Kreasoma)
  • @Kreasoma If you set sidebar under Theme options > Sidebars section, you simply forced the sidebar for all pages. Next to fields you set, you have an information about that. If you want to set sidebars per pages, you supposed to do this under "Page options" section while editing pages.
  • Hi there, I tried making a sidebar today to add to a page but they're not being saved in the theme. My page has a sidebar layout selected and it has the message 'this template supports sidebars etc.'.  Then went to BeTheme options > Sidebar, created name it, saved it, checked widgets, it's not there. 

Tried a few times using the same name (expecting an error telling me it already exists) but all it does is save and refresh...again no sidebar in my widget area. On the page itself in muffin builder, it doesn't show any sidebars in the dropdown either. Any ideas? 
  • @snk2005 Please answer on the following questions:

1. Do you use any special characters for sidebar titles? What the name of the sidebar where widgets does not save?

2. Does widgets save in the sidebar or after you move them into sidebar and go back, widgets does not exist in the sidebar under Appearance > Widgets section?

3. Are you able to save Muffin Builder settings or not?