How to import demo slider into Be|theme using Revolution Slider?

Comments

• @mudme Hi, the url you sent above does not work unfortunately. Site keeps loading and nothing happen. Please sort your site or server first and then let us know again so we can have a look on it.
  • bought betheme yesterday and can't import business.zip into revslider. when i hit import, it takes me to a blank page which says "importing slider settings and data..." and stays that way, nothing happens. 

also tried updating revslider from this http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/5/how-to-update-revolution-slider but there is no "update plugin" button in the bottom right corner!? so how exactly to update? 
  • @KaijuThemes Did you read 1st point carefully? There is a notice (available till version 4.6.9. But all newer versions can be updated via FTP only). And because you got newer version for sure, you must update plugin to recent version via FTP only.
  • right, my bad. 

but problem i am facing is with importing demos like business.zip? is it a problem with slider version? if so, could you please send me an updated zip for revslider as i haven't purchased a copy of the plugin separately.

if it's something else, please point me in the right direction.
  • @KaijuThemes Because you did not wrote which version you use, we have no idea if it's because of slider version or what. But if you want to get recent version of revolution slider, please send us private request and we'll send it to you.
  • hello..
    I am trying to import the 'business' demo slider, I am getting this message -

importing slider settings and data...
    no custom animations found, if slider uses custom animations, the provided export may be broken...
    dynamic styles imported!

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/rimti/public_html/website.com/demo/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php on line 423

I am having the latest version of the theme (version 9.3) & revolution slider (5.0.4.1)
  • @dasbony7 In this case, you must contact with server admin because the issue is related with server settings.
  • Thank you for your reply

I checked with my server admin, they said that the maximum execution time is 30 sec by default for everyone in shared hosting. It cannot be increased. They also asked that if there is anything specific which need to be enabled from there end then they can do that.

Please note when i am importing that 'business' slider demo this error is cropping up , but for other demos it is uploading smoothly. I thought may there is a problem with the 'business' slider demo file, so I ve also tried to upload the same file from the previous versions of the theme but the result is the same.

i couldn't find any solution please help...
  • @dasbony7 The problem is not related with slider or theme at all. You can not import slides because of limits on server side. If your provider is not able to change this limit, you won't be able to import slides unfortunately and you need to built slides from scratches unfortunately. There is nothing else what you can do in this case. Sorry!
  • PLease Help! my revolution slider is not working. did everything but still not looking like the demo!
  • I did everything like said! imported the files and this is what i get - "Revolution Slider Error: Slider with alias lawyer not found."
  • @kyra1234 You did not imported slider if you got this message. What slider version you use? Does slider exist in slider section and does it have lawyer alias? Maybe you imported different slider and now you should change slider under "Page options" for page.
  • Hi,
    can you help me?

I can’t import .zip exemples:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function getStream() on a non-object in /home/mitramandalajaya/public_html/betav1/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/slider.class.php on line 924

I’ve changed permissions of revslider folder, nothing changed

PHP version 5.4
    RevSlider version 5.0.4.1 (18th August 2015)

Thanks
  • @baloma The answer on this question you can find on http://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revolution-responsive-wordpress-plugin/2751380/comments?page=422 (it's permissions issue). We spoke with ThemePunch and they confirmed it. There is no other reason why this error may appear.
  • Hi Muffin,

I have chosen "store" from demo.
    And i have imported rev slider file, i imported it with .zip file.
    but my site still written "Revolution Slider Error: Slider with alias store not found."
    how to solve the problem? thanks.
  • by the way my revolution slider is 5.05 and i already activate the plugin.
  • @oktav30 Please look at 1st message we left under this topic where we explained how to import slider. This message says that you forgot to import slider within pre-made layout.
  • Trying to setup the default demo: http://www.tandemsites.com/betheme/default-demo/home/

I was able to import the splash.zip slider into slider rev but can't import homepage.zip. It tells me it can't find "slider_export.txt". I've got the most recent version of the theme and plugin installed.

I tried to import the "slider_export.txt" and it told me zipArchive not enabled. Don't know what that means. I've read others having similar problems but didn't see a resolution to them anywhere.

Please help...:)
  • @tandemmultimedia This message means that you don't have zipArchive library enabled on your server. More details about that you can read on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23487877/error-wrong-export-slider-file-format-this-could-be-caused-because-the-ziparch
  • My host told me: "They are showing zip is enabled if ziparchive is something else you would have to manually add it, which we unfortunately don't provide any support for."

The thread you sent me to on Stack Overflow did not provide any answers other then to check with webhost. Did that and did not get anything.
  • @tandemmultimedia Sorry but we do not understand. How can we help you then if your provider don't care that some libraries are not enabled and they do not provide any support for it?
  • edited September 2015
    @muffingroup

HI I am using the Hosting theme of Betheme. I have a fresh install of the theme ready, but the revolution slider isnt working right. 

On the home page, the area where the slider should be is about a third of the size and has a small orange container that reads the following Revolution Slider Error: Slider with alias hosting not found. 
    Maybe you mean: 'Slider1'"
    I cant seem to find where the existing slider short code is. I tried copy pasting the slider short code in the Home Page,. I created a container above everything else, and placed the shortcode inside. The slider does work but the formatting becomes off. 

How do I get this working?

Thanks!

• @Fwanky270 If you want to use own slider instead of our one, you can change this under "Page options" section while you create/edit page where "Revolution Slider" drop-down field is. You don't need to use any shortcodes because it works as drop-down list.
  • Thanks. 

Where am I to place the Revolution Slider? Every time I place the Revolution Slider, my header gets messed up and stays like that even after I remove revolution slider. I dont know what to do! 

Another question is, how can I eliminate the ZigZag border in the theme. I provided a link for reference. It is located immediately under the list of hosting packages.  
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/hosting/
  • @Fwanky270 Revolution Slider can be set under the section we mentioned above. But if something wrong happen with your header when you set slider, then please show us on screenshot what you mean and also please provide url to site where this happen.

This ZigZag is a part of Muffin Builder. It's section item with background image.
  • I tried to download the Revolution Slider demo but every time, if i want download it online, this error message apepar: "This feature is only available if you activate Slider Revolution for this installation".
    How can i activate it?
  • @kebiro Take a look at http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/5/how-to-update-revolution-slider where we explained how to update Revolution Slider. Please notice that this is the only way to update revolution slider plugin. The feature you refer to is only for those who bought separate license of plugin.
  • Hello,

I was hoping you could help me. I am trying to install BeBaker Demo and have successfully installed the demo and am trying to install the slider file. I have read through all the comments contacted my server provider and have been advised that zip is activated and already was. It's still not working.
    If I chose the zipped folder I have a msg that reads:
    slider_export.txt does not exist!
    If I extract and use the folder inside the error msg is
    error wrong export slider file this could be caused because the ZipArchive extension is not enabled.

I have tried everything that I can see from all the comments and instructions.

Thanks EFF

• @magicewok Please send us private message with information what slider did you tried to import and also what rev slider version you used and we'll export new slider file for you and hope that this will help you.
  • Because of the complexity of implementing the Revolution Slider feature, this theme clearly isn't a fit for people (like myself) with no experience in web design.. I have read dozens of posts, articles, comments, responses, etc and struggled with trying to implement this feature, literally for DAYS!.. the tech support folks from muffin group seem to get irritated when questions are asked.. I've seen "have you checked the documentation?" in their responses more times than I can count..there seems to be a defensiveness there.  Be theme has truly BEAUTIFUL templates for a great price, BUT.. it's misleading to say "one click" and "drag and drop" when I cannot, after days of stress and struggle, activate a BASIC AND VITAL PART of the template.  The template is USELESS without it.