Error after update

edited September 2015 in Theme support
Guys,
I really totally disgusted.
After a few days, continually repeating and repeating mistakes and fixes updates of your theme - after final update i loose all settings of my CSS and style setting.

Can you can finally make the final and working Release that will not harm the already existing sites and to stop issuing pointless updates every 3 days?!
We must now restore all sites from backups of our hosting provider - all this costs us money.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    There is nothing to be fixed because all is good. Deactivate your extra plugins and you see that all is fine. More details about this you can read on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/comment/31753/#Comment_31753

You should sent this request to people who develop buggy plugins.
  • Jetpack is buggy plugin?
    You thing is normal to deliver update of themes which is incompatible with Jetpack? 

Millions of users who use it are the absolute morons and only you are right?
    What next? Verion 9.5.993? - will update, which is not compatible with MailChimp for WP or similar top plug-in because it is "buggy"?

Forgive me for being so openly angry, but after all it is far from serious and normal conduct!

You do not have contacts with people who bought your template?
    It is so difficult to contact all of us and inform us - that something is wrong?

I do not understand your behavior.
  • Anyway...
    After updates and disabling of "buggy" Jetpack:
    Chrome vs. Safari fo OSX
  • Sorry but we do not understand your behave at all and also please stop being so rude. As you see, so far (for nearly 2 years) everything was ok between Jetpack and theme. And it's not our fault that author of this plugin does not care about anyone else and just release new version with bugs. Please look at this from other point and understand. We've been testing theme with jetpack many times to make it compatible with the plugin. And now what? Because jetpack changed something theme authors should now leave everything and work on compatibility between plugin's latest version and themes, right? Don't you think that maybe they broke something if everything was ok till yesterday? Like any people wrote, everything was ok between theme and all previous jetpack versions. Will be great if you will look at it more objectively.
  • edited September 2015
    Yes, as I say, I apologize for my outburst of rage. However, try to understand me.
    Every X days you publish update after update. And we like sheep is pulling out and update / what can we do? /.
    Finally, there is quite a big problem and nobody solves nothing.
    We have no information that something stopped working.

This is the same as if our hosting provider turn our server off and did not report it to us. And like clarification would provide that new server cabinet is not compatible with the old server.
    That's why I'm so angry.
    But also because what I posted above.
    After deactivation Jetpack problem with fonts is till there / in a different form, but it's there - so not earlier /.

I understand that you're not doing it on purpose - you're the best - so it is up to you enormous pressure and great responsibility.
    And that's why I find it rather strange that on such a serious incompatibility do not inform your customers.

Thank you and I apologize that I was not writing today the most pleasant news.
  • Ok but this is why you should understand that we can not be responsible for 3rd party plugins. You maybe ask why? It's simple. Behind every tool stands only people who may do mistakes and this is what happened few hours ago exactly. That's why even Envato clearly stated that authors are not responsible for 3rd party assets (like plugins) what you can read on http://themeforest.net/page/item_support_policy. You also ask why we did not informed about that? It's also simple. How can we inform about something what happened few hours ago? We do not work 24 hours per a day and we do not control every plugin or update around the world. And like any other author, we need time to check where the problem exactly is and what happened. And this is what on we currently work. And because we care about our customers, although they broke something, we'll add additional option where it will be possible to work with latest version of Jetpack plugin anyway. In our opinion, Jetpack in this case should inform people that they changed something important in latest version but like we said before, they don't care about it at all.

Anyway, please send us url to page where you still got a problem with fonts and we'll have a look on it of course.

P.S. There is no need to update theme every week so we do not understand why are you doing this if you don't like it? We do updates every week because our customers constantly got new ideas and we do updates especially for them. Also some people want to be on time with plugins updates like VC or Revolution Slider. So if you don't like those constantly updates, just do not make them.
  • URL with font problem is attached on pictures on my last post.
    www.hugobach.sk

Thank you.
    Dima
  • Something must be wrong with your browser then because on our side all is good. This is how under Chrome on OsX your site looks like http://pasteboard.co/yJObJtN.png but this is Safari http://pasteboard.co/yJTDpN9.png - to be sure we checked on few different computers with the same result.
  • Thank you. Its strange. Ill try to find it.