Cant add new items

Hi,

Struggling to add new items, they don't save when I make changes.

I have increased max vars to 10,000, increased php memory limit to 512mb and restarted the server. 

What should I do?

Comments

• Hi,

if you are unable to add new items, it means that it's happening because of the limits on server side. If you will create file on your server with phpinfo(), we would be able to have a look on those settings.

Thanks!
  • Thanks. Looks like above variables has been increase properly. So if this didn't helped, please increase the following variables as well: upload_max_filesize, max_execution_time and post_max_size. However, if this won't help, then we really don't know what else could be wrong on your side. Maybe you can try to deactivate all plugins as well just for test.
  • Hi, Have increased all by double. Problem persists. 

The installation is a brand new install of wordpress only using plugins installed by the theme. 

No errors in error log either. I remember having exactly the same issue on version betheme 7.7 which was hosted on a completely different server 

• Notice: Undefined offset: 5 in /home/nmcdesignco/public_html/new/wp-content/themes/nmc-des/functions/builder/back.php on line 761

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nmcdesignco/public_html/new/wp-content/themes/nmc-des/functions/builder/back.php:761) in /home/nmcdesignco/public_html/new/wp-admin/post.php on line 197

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nmcdesignco/public_html/new/wp-content/themes/nmc-des/functions/builder/back.php:761) in /home/nmcdesignco/public_html/new/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228
  • Would be better if you could sent us private message with the dashboard and FTP access so we can have a look on it ourselves.
  • Hi, Message has been sent
  • Hello,

I have same issue. I increased max_input_vars to 10000, but issue persist.
    This happens to me on pages with more sections and content.
    When I turn of WP_DEBUG I get a lot of warnings and notices:

Notice: Undefined offset: 8 in /home/homepage/public_html/publik/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/back.php on line 761

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent
    by (output started at
    /home/homepage/public_html/publik.homepage.rs/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/back.php:761)
    in /home/homepage/public_html/publik/wp-admin/post.php on line 197

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent
    by (output started at
    /home/homepage/public_html/publik.homepage.rs/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/back.php:761)
    in /home/homepage/public_html/publik/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228

I can send you phpinfo and other accesses on private message.
  • Hi,

looks like your server is not fully compatible with WordPress. Demo settings can not be imported automatically because your server does not work with wp_remote_get() function which uses loopbacks. In such case, you must import settings manually because you have default footer active instead of the custom one we made especially for this demo.

Thanks!
  • Hello,

I don't want to import demo settings. This happens to me when I want to add some content with Muffin Builder on existing pages with a lot of content. After saving, page reloads but new content disappears. On new pages and pages with less content everything works fine.

When I turn off WP_DEBUG I get a lot of warnings and notices.

• @homepagedoo You need to increase limits for max_input_vars variable on server side. More details a about that you can read on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/7689/muffin-builder-items-or-page-options-can-not-be-saved-max-input-vars
  • Hello,

I increased it but issue persist. Here is phpinfo: http://publik.homepage.rs/phpinfo.php
  • So that is weird. Maybe you need to increase max_input_time variable as it's -1 already? Because we are not server experts, we don't know what else might be wrong on your server.
  • Hello,

I reset max_input_time to 1000, but issue still persist. I tried on 3 different servers and behaves equally on all three servers. I can give you dashboard access if you have time to test this issue. I will be very appreciate if you can help me with this.
  • So if this is what you did, we have no idea what else might be the reason. Access to your server or dashboard is unnecessary because we are not server experts and we have no idea what other limits you might have. Above solution so far was helpful to all people who got this problem. You are the first person for whom it does not work.
  • First of all, I'm not the first person with similar issue:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/11738/builder-won-t-save-complete-pages-anymore
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/11164/cant-add-new-items

Second, what is the clue which tells you that this is the issue with server. As I said, I tried to manage same page on 3 different dedicated apache servers on websites with BeTheme.

I bought your template and I think that at least you can do is to try to help your customer!

• As far as we know, these people were able to fix it by increasing max_input_vars variable on server side what we already told you above, so yes, you are the only one for whom our suggestions does not work.

Second, maybe you can explain what kind of help you ask for. You want us to configure your server or what? Because we don't understand what you expect exactly.

What we may suggest is to increase the following variables as much as possible: upload_max_filesize, max_execution_time, post_max_size, memory_limit - these are the only variables responsible for saving the content. Except them, we have no idea what else might be the problem.

P.S. We suggest to read Item Support Policy to understand that we can not be responsible for your hosting service and it's configuration. BTW For over 25000 users, saving works so don't you think that something is wrong on your side only?
  • Why are you that sure that the reason of my issue is server configuration? You even didn't look at the problem.

You are suggesting that everybody need to increase specific php variables to abnormally high values on server and then your Muffin Builder will work. That tell us that your builder plugin is not optimal.

We can finish this discussion
  • Yes, this is what we suggest exactly. So if our builder is not optimal, then optimal builders does not exist because the same variable must be increased for many most popular builders and plugins in the world.

Like we said, we can have a look on it of course but we are sure that it's something on server side and providing such details won't change anything. We will turn on developer mode with all necessary information and errors and we will proof that the problem is not related with theme. We can show you everything on screenshots if that would change anything for you. That's not a problem at all. So if you are interested with this option, please send us private message and we will have a look on it.

Also, we can not agree that it's not optimal because for 99,9% of users it works so as you see, it's not a builder problem.
  • Dammit I'm getting this same problem out of the blue and I've increased all vars. At a loss with this issue after countless hours looking into it.

It gets to a point where just adding one more column breaks the page and deletes any updates I've made.  

Anyone have any success with this issue beyond just increasing all the vars?
  • Nevermind... after some more digging I found the .user.ini variable declarations tip and applied it to my site and it works.

Frustrating b/c I had updated all my variables correctly and phpinfo(); showed that they were correct. I just couldn't get past this issue for a few days but now that I copied the variables from my php.ini file over to .user.ini file it saves as intended and all works again.

If you're currently having this issue create a file called .user.ini in the root of your wordpress install and input the following lines:

max_input_vars = 10000
    max_execution_time =  200

save and upload and hopefully it should solve your issues.