How update to the new version of Be|theme?

Comments

• Hi, I just wanted to invite updatet from Bethem . 
    Currently I have 12.3 on it . I loaded my data also run update but
     it appears to wievor the 12.3 and not 12.4 .
     the files were taken at 18.3 which is not yet right or ?
    So in short , I can only the version 12.3 Download the 12.4 I did not get

So in short , I can only the version 12.3 Download the 12.4 I did not get
  • @hexer7568 12.4 version has been updated today. So to get this version, please download package from TF.
  • edited April 2016
    figured it out, thanks.
  • I'm not sure if this is mentioned on any threads but the EASIEST WAY TO UPDATE BETHEME is with this plugin: Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades.  

https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

FTP not needed and it works like a charm.  I didn't lose anything.  You should still do a backup just to be safe.

Cheers everyone.
  • @rolandoemail This has not been told on this forum yet so thank for this information :)
  • Are there plans to have this auto update on WordPress instead of installing like this? 
  • @Whit91 Yes, we got it in plans but it's not ready yet.
  • I enabled the Envato Toolkit and saw there is a newer version of BeTheme. I have the Child Theme activated and did some changes, so when I update now, I shouldn't loose any data correct?
  • @rene-photography Yes, you shouldn't lose anything.
  • Thanks for the update, but I have a few suggestions as this is a POPULAR theme and the process can be very annoying in terms of updates. 

SUGGESTIONS (note, I'm a newbie so excuse my ignorance if this is already known).
    1. If CSS files are modified, is there an easier way to keep them (without them being overwritten)?
    2. If images are modified, is there an easier way to keep them (without them being overwritten)?

I think most newbies like myself will only change the 2 options above.

Thoughts?

• @IPN

1) This is the reason why we do not recommend to modify theme files and we made Custom CSS section where you should use all extra css's.

2) If images names are the same, there is no way to keep them during the update. Files names need to be different if you want to keep them on update.
  • Hi MuffinGroup,

I was wondering when do you have the “update-via-WordPress” -option available?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Michael

• @rmws We don't know yet when exactly this feature might be available.
  • After Update to 13.1 Visual Composer do not working in BackendMode and Frontendmode
    the page always same content but i cant edit!

I have cleared chache!
    and an other failure i cant open in page "Customize view" in the Top of Page 

---- can you Help?
    ----stooni

• @stooni It's not because of theme update but because of WP update. We are pretty sure that you did the update of WP to latest 4.5 version and forgot to update VC plugin itself.
  • Ho about if I install my be theme on my localhost?
    the same approach I have to follow when updating to new version with respect to FTP??

Thanks,
    Muzna,
  • Where can I find and enable Envato Toolkit? 
    I can't seem to find it on my dashboard anywhere.
  • you must install Plugin Envato Toolkit you can download here 

1. Upload
    2. Activate
    3. Insert Api Key
    ----stooni
  • Hello! Stooni you can help me. I'm with same problem you. My "Add item"not appear for me. 
  • @FehSchiavon Please deactivate all extra plugins and update theme files because looks like you have problems which are not related with theme.
  • Ok, but which version is unstable to use theme.
  • Since version 13.2, I have the same inconsistent behavior: after each update via 
    Envato Tollkit / Themes / (Be) update automatically 
    I get no errors, but "system information" shows still Be 13.2 (now it should be 13.7), and says 
    All of this theme’s files are located in /themes/backup2016.05.03.betheme 
    instead of 
    wp-content/themes/betheme/
    where apparently the new/updated theme goes, as the files in this directory have recent dates.
    Also, directory "envato-backups" seems to contain all the .zip files with backups after each update.

So it's probably the problem with wordpress reading theme files from a wrong directory?

Anyway, how to fix it? 
     I cannot find an option to change the current betheme directory

• @Durka Envato Toolkit does not work anymore. More details about it you can find on https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit/issues/85
  • > Envato Toolkit does not work anymore. More details about it you can find 

Ok, so the old evato market plugin does not work. As for problems with installing themes in this situation, the page you mentioned says "That's something you should contact the theme author about."

So my problem is:

"system information" says
    All of this theme’s files are located in /themes/backup2016.05.03.betheme 
    instead of wp-content/themes/betheme/

Where do I change this directory setting?

Also, do you recommend installing the new envato market plugin from

• @Durka No, we do not recommend any plugins. We always recommend to update theme files via FTP because it's the best and safest way for any update. But we do not understand what directory and where you want to change. Sorry but it's not clear enough for us.
  • > No, we do not recommend any plugins. We always recommend to update theme files via FTP because it's the best and safest way for any update.

ok

> But we do not understand what directory and where you want to change. Sorry but it's not clear enough for us.

It seems that my WordPress intallation os reading theme files from a wrong directory -- maybe caused by a past disfunction of the envato toolkit -- and I was asking how to change this setting

• @Durka Path for directory can be changed under database only but please understand that such kind of customization are not included into support. But to be honest, we have no idea how is that possible that your theme are read from different directory. That's very strange.
  • Hello - sorry , this seems to be a worrying question for most of us lol. I have not made any changes to the theme in the files, just changed the theme via page builder etc, and im using a child theme, does this mean that when i replace the new theme, because ive not made any changes to any of the codes and files, i will be ok ? :) I have already had lots of problems with one website with Blue Host' that does not seem to like Betheme (silly them!!!) and it took me days to upload my website with them, so i just do not want to mess up the customers website again haha??
  • @carltonwhitfield1967 If you didn't touched any theme files, then you can do the files update of course.