How can I make the posts page header match the rest of the site??

I've looked all over where to set the header here:

to look like:

and I cannot seem to find the settings for post pages.

Please assist.

Thanks

Comments

• On http://cmp.viralmarketinginc.com/leadership-communities/ you set CUSTOM LAYOUT but on http://cmp.viralmarketinginc.com/why-am-i-passionate-about-church-planting/ you are using default layout. So if you want to set custom layout on single post pages, you need to do this under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Blog section.
  • All I see is an area that says Layout ID. Not sure if thats what I use or not but its the only indication of a "layout" I see. And what the heck is a layout ID if this is what I change.

Please guys be thorough. Im seriously pleading with you. I don't have time to continually respond back and forth to questions that really could be helpful to others, but aren't because I've gotta message you back and forth every time almost. 

I'm a serious affiliate and its the one thing thats stopped me from promoting your theme, is that the support here is horrible. You never give me an answer. There is ONE time an individual gave an answer and I didnt have to ask anything.

I asked a question, and someone responded. I then wrote a detailed post how extremely upset I was and decided to delete that post immediately before anyone saw it. Your forum wouldnt let me delete the post but I could delete everything but one character. That one chareacter bump got the simple response I needed. Which tells me that there are some competent people working for this forum.

Here is that thread as an example:

Its almost like the 1st responder gets a thrill out of half answering questions, to see how frustrated he can make someone. Why is it that the first staff couldn't answer this very simple question but the 2nd person could?

Just saying, your theme is awesome, but your support staff could use a boost in morale or something. You guys need to be more thorough. THere's a lot of stuff to weed through in the Blog section. And As said I only see one area that says layout ID and I dont know what the ID is.
  • We are very sorry to hear that but we really do not understand what is not clear in our message above. Like we wrote, for one page you set CUSTOM LAYOUT what means under Page Options of http://cmp.viralmarketinginc.com/leadership-communities/ you selected pre-made layout in place where Custom | Layout drop-down field is. It means that this page is using the settings of layout which was created under LAYOUTS section which is in main dashboard on the left side. But on http://cmp.viralmarketinginc.com/why-am-i-passionate-about-church-planting/ you are using general settings that are located under Theme options panel. So if you want to use same custom layout (which ID is 2501) you need to set layout's ID for posts under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Blog section. Or if you want to have the same layout on all pages around site, then you need to drop custom layouts and use general settings from Theme Options panel.
  • edited October 2016
    Ok and did you not see my comment where I asked:

"All I see is an area that says Layout ID. Not sure if thats what I use or not but its the only indication of a "layout" I see. And what the heck is a layout ID if this is what I change."

OR

"There's a lot of stuff to weed through in the Blog section. And As said I only see one area that says layout ID and I dont know what the ID is."

Again you gave half an answer. How don't you see that? That is what is not clear.

WHERE IS THE LAYOUT ID?????

CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE THOROUGH INSTRUCTIONS?????

• Layout ID is under Layouts section which is on the left side in main dashboard. Just hover over the layout you want to use and in the bottom place where link appears, you will see the ID in the link. It works exactly the same for Media or any other default Wordpress features so we thought that it's obvious and clear as this is nothing related with theme itself.
  • Thank you for that. And I didnt know that. Most of the themes I've worked with show the ID in the column without having to hover it.

That did what I wanted but the page seems to be shoved under the header/navigation bar. I have the content written in the regular wordpress editor. Not using any builder.

Check here:

All post pages are doing that. If you look closely you can actually see the title of the post behind the navigation.
  • You are using FIXED header type and this is how this kind of header type works exactly. The whole sense of being header fixed is that the content goes always behind the Top Bar. So or you need to switch to another header type or use below css to move the content down:
    #Content.no-padding, .template-slider #Content, .with_aside #Content { padding-top: 120px !important; }