How update to the new version of Be|theme?

Comments

• can't we use something like Envato WordPress Toolkit ???
  • Actually there is a fast way, download Envato Market and install it. Then, go to envato market section in your admin panel and add your api key, You will need to generate a personal token and you have to add it there, after that you will see your themes and purchased items there, you can manage them or update your betheme from there. :)
  • edited August 2017
    After I left a negative review re: BeTheme and its bundled plugins due to frustrations with updates I got this response :

"BeTheme can be easily updated with just one click from the dashboard, what everyone can see on the following screenshot http://prntscr.com/g5aas3 Exactly the same easy and fast process is for the plugins."

• @vangardbooks, it seems BeTheme needs to mark this thread as 'outdated" and post an new "How to update BeTheme" with the above answer they provided you. 
  • @summitgirl
    Thanks, you are right, we will go thru all the pinned posts.
  • I've gone through this entire thread. And from what I can tell most of this is outdated and there is an ability to update from the Wordpress updater. But you still can't do so without erasing everything back to square one? Or is it just going to erase "theme options" and leave the rest of the site as-is? I can't tell if I even want to attempt it after reading this. But nevertheless, I came here because it keeps giving me the error message: "An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files."
    I purchased BeTheme less than a month ago and I'm trying to update from 20.6 to 20.6.3. Either way, I don't want to have to hire someone to do my updates. I'd much rather return this theme and get another that requires less tech-savvy to update.
  • RebelF
    It keeps giving you that messeage because you have not deregister the old domain before moving the website or they key is used on another domain.
  • hi,
    for updating betheme I downloaded from themeforest like discribed. but I didn't get all files like the first time I downloaded betheme: https://prnt.sc/gzo2or .. what I have got ist this: http://prntscr.com/gzo2f5
    (I downloaded "all files and documentation"). what did I do wrong?
  • Multifilm-1000
    Just install the betheme.zip file. Where is the problem ?
  •  When I try to update a client's copy of the Betheme I get this response. 

"An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files."

I do not have FTP access as my client have misplaced his FTP Login details and I also do not have access to his server. I am trying to update from version 20.6.2 to 20.6.4. Please advise.

Regards

• Bokkie312
    You have most likely not deregistered the previous theme. If so, please deregister the old domain and the new one as well. Then register the clients license on the target domain.
  • Support, I just updated my theme to the latest version (20.7.1) and when I go to the Theme Options and Fonts page, it won't let me select any of the drop down menus. It highlights it but will not let me change anything.

• Scratch that, of course since I submitted the above, it now works but it's really slow to drop down. I've tried it on a few machines now to where it takes about 2 or 3 seconds to drop down once you click it. Better than not showing at all though. Sorry about that!
  • cbergy21 
    We are glad you managed but it should not go so slow. Please try to disable plugins.
  • I'm having trouble finding on this forum what the most recent method is for updating the theme. Is it now possible to do this through Wordpress? If so, what are the steps?

Thank you.
  • kmerges 
    Hi,
    From version 20 you can update the theme from the dashboard of your WordPress, in the BeTheme tab. Just register the license, and you will be able to update the theme, install newest plugins and import pre-built websites with sliders. 
    thanks
  • edited November 2017
    Hi,

I have tried to update my theme from the WP dashboard and get this error, can you help please?

Downloading update from http://api.muffingroup.com/theme/download.php?codec-49f2-b161-fbab50c2e43d
    Unpacking the update…
    Installing the latest version…
    Theme update failed.

An error occurred while updating Betheme: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

Thank you

• edited November 2017

Aktualisiere Theme Betheme (1/1)

Herunterladen der Aktualisierung von http://api.muffingroup.com/theme/download.php?co´t de=3ad0cd36-1b96-43fc-bf474 …

Entpacken der aktualisierten Version …

Die aktuelle Version wird installiert …

Theme-Aktualisierung fehlgeschlagen.

Beim Aktualisieren von Betheme ist ein Fehler aufgetreten: Das Paket konnte nicht installiert werden. Das Paket enthält keine Dateien.

I don't know how to update the theme. Would you pleas send me some information about it. Thank you

• Hi,
    This error "The package could not be installed. The package contains no files." means that you have not deregistered the website before moving. Please deregister it on both domains and register again on the new one. If this is not possible, then please send a request
    thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact

Notice!
    Please attach your license key in the message.

thanks
  • Hi all, is there a way to update BeTheme from an very old version (6.8) to lastest without loosing the way that website looks now? The website is static, no changes since 2015 but I need to be fully compatible with latest version of WP and plugins. Last days I had some nasty problems, all pages except Home return 404 message. I suppose that after some updates of WP and/or plugins. I restored from an earlier backup and things are fixed now but I don't want to risk to not be able to do updates to WP and plugins in the future without broken the website. I tried to simply put latest version but I loose some of the customization. PS I use muffin builder not wp bakery. Thanks.
  • redfury
    Ofcourse the page might look a bit different since this is a very old version. You have to try.

Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.
    thanks
  • edited March 2018
    I currently have Betheme with the license expired, I would like to know if I renew I will be entitled to future updates.
  • mtech1985
    Updates are lifetime regardless the support. You can only renew the support.
    thanks
  • I have been asked to update the theme on a page I used to manage, it is version 15.1. They have a child theme. I was going to simply delete the old theme and reinstall but there is no delete button. Do I have to update via FTP?  Is that because BeTheme is so enormous?
  • McCoyDesign
    You have to log in to your FTP and remove the betheme folder completly, then install the newest version.
    thanks
  • Hi,

I get this "no files issue" a lot!

I de-register the theme from my dev and re-register it again when uploaded to new client domain. When I go to update I get this error still. I've followed all the threads in here on checking licenses on the new tester etc, and still having an issue.

How do we get round this without having to FTP a fresh dowload from Themeforest each time?
  • sybez
    Please use this tool to manage your licenses:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest
    Make sure your key is only registered for one domain.
    thanks
  • Hi,

I have tried this a number of different ways already, and just for good measure, done it again directly deregistering the theme via the tool and then the dashboard.

I add the license code back in after and tried to update the theme.... still get the error. :(

Using the tool to deregister the license shows a sentence that says "Please remember to delete all theme files before deregistration"

Is this critical to success? What if I want to keep the dev site on a server with no code to it? Is that possible?
  • sybez
    Hi,
    all files should be removed from the server is the theme is not registered and not used.
    This tool was made for people who have removed the theme from their server but forgot to deregister. If you have Betheme installed then you can do that manually.
    thanks
  • I'm on Multisite and I'm seeing that there is an update on the BeTheme Dashboard, but when I click the button to update to 20.9.3, it redirects me to the network dashboard and says everything is up to date. However, I'm showing version 20.8.9 in the BeTheme Dashboard. Please advise. Thanks!
    Gabe