Search results don't take care of shortcode content [Builder >> SEO]

Comments

• Given the SEO complications with Muffin Builder and Yoast, is Visual Composer the better option with Yoast, if SEO and fool-proof content entry are desired? I'm seeking the most intuitive method for search-optimized content additions. Thanks.
  • @studio7sevans We don't think so that Visual Composer would be better. Please use Builder >> SEO option what has been explained in this topic and all would work as should.
  • edited July 2016
    I wonder just this: 

If "Hide The Content" button blocking all Google crawlers, What's the point of the Builder>>SEO feature?
  • @yigitcpolat The point it that the content from Muffin Builder is visible and there is no need to make duplicate content (WP Editor and Muffin Builder) to be visible for Google bots.
  • edited August 2016

I want to ask one last question just to make sure. For example my screen shot 1: I got into a lot of content via Wordpress editor. Also, i use the Muffin Builder too for page design etc: Screen Shot 2. And I am "Turned it ON" my hide content button, like screen shot 3:

as a result. My question is in this case: Google will you see me? crawlers can see what I wrote to the WordPress editor and my SEO will be OK?

Screen Shot 1 : https://postimg.org/image/61jsrddwh/

• In such case, Google bots would see the content from Muffin Builder only. The content from WP editor won't be visible until you will not turn off "Hide The Content" option.
  • http://joxi.ru/J2bD4ENf4ZbEar

What about SEO in this case? I should Yast Seo.
    The muffin is not enough space to put all the text , have to use the visual compositor .
    How, then, to be with SEO ?
  • @VikaP Sorry but we completely do not understand your question. It's not clear at all.
  • Hi, 

Is there any way I could transfer the contents of muffin builder to builder? 
  • @SavvyWeb If you mean transfer from Muffin Builder to VC, then it is not possible.
  • edited November 2016
    Hi guys,

I read the discussion above and wanted to ask if the SEO settings Muffin (field SEO | SEO TItle | Description) are sufficient to generate meta title and meta description in the SERPs of Google. Or do I still use Builder  > Seo?

If I decide not to use SEO for external plug-ins, I saw that in Theme Option you can insert the Google Analytics code, and Pixel for remarketing. But to connect website to Web Master Tools (Search Console), is there some setting or I have to do it manually?

Finally, if I decide to use an external plug-in, it's fine to use All in one SEO pack instead of Yoast?

Cheers,

Alex
  • Hi @OpenMindService,

for many users, built-in seo fields are enough. But it depends on your needs only if you would like to use built-in seo fields or you are advanced developer for whom these basic fields are not enough and would like to use Yoast or All in One plugins. Both are compatible with theme of course.
  • Hi Guys,

thanks for the clarification. I still have a doubt: when I use All in one SEO pack, before I have to set specific parameters? For example: Theme Options >> Seo and off Use built-in fields before activating AIOSP? or other?

So proper procedure is to:

•    Edit Muffin Builder
        •    Save Muffin Builder
        •    Save Page
        •    Click Builder >> SEO  for each page on which I want to use all in one seo
        •    Select Hide Content
        •    Save Page again

Two final notations:

1 - Builder >> SEO must be active for each page on which I want to use all in one seo, correct?
    2 - Select Hide Content need to avoid creating duplicate content, correct?

I love this theme and I appreciate yours work with Mufin Builder.

Thanks
  • Yes, these are proper steps.

1. Yes, this need to be activated for each page that you want to be visible for Yoast.

2. Yes, exactly.
  • Perfect!

Thanks for the fast support.

Regards
  • Hello, as I attempt to select Builder >> SEO I am prompted with the following WP popup:

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica}
    p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; min-height: 14.0px}

"This option is useful for plugins like Yoast SEO to analyze post content when you use Muffin Builder.

It will collect content from Muffin Builder Elements and copy it into the Wordpress Editor.

Current Editor Content will be replaced.

You can hide the content if you turn “Hide the content” option ON.

Please remember to Publish/Update your post before & after use of this option.

Continue?"

I click ok and it puts me onto the Text tab. It does the same thing when I have toggled the "Hide the Content" option under Layout. How am I able to access this Builder >> SEO?

• This tab is used only to copy the content from the builder to the wordpress editor, you do not edit it there. Read more here: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/26386/what-is-builder-seo-option-and-what-for-yoast-content-is-invisible#latest
  • Hello Guys,

When I press "Builder >> SEO" and make an update (and saving) the structure of my page is not showing well, also displaying css code and so on.

Why ?
  • Hi,
    are you hiding the content? Please send a link to this page so we can see what is going on.
    thanks
  • wher do I find the "Hide-the-content" button? Please help
  • Hi,
    this is the button: http://prntscr.com/i0na6y
    Edit the page in wordpress.
    thanks
  • And now in 2018, with WP5, how do we solve this? :)
  • When using the Yoast SEO plugin we get given the yoast drop down in page editor to specify title, description, key phases, FB images, etc. 

Betheme also has a field below the builder (SEO BELOW SETTINGS OVERRIDDES THEME OPTIONS). What is the best practise here? Does on overwrite the other? Or is it necessary to fill in both?

The free yoast plugin only allows a single keyphase to be attributed. Does adding additional keywords to the Betheme SEO fields bellow add to the keyphase count?
  • Hi @Adaptogenix,
    If you want to have the same title and description on all of the pages on your website while searching your site on google/yahoo/etc. then fill only the Theme Options > SEO fields.

If you want to have other title and description than on the Theme options, then you should use the SEO field in the builder.

But, if you want to use the Yoast SEO plugin, then you have to disable our SEO options because it will not work properly.
    Theme Options > SEO
    Thanks
  • Thankyou. When turning off the SEO built in fields option, should this remove these options for the builder page? I can still see them there at the bottom on each page builder?

Also, can you give any more information on the Schema type option. There is very little in your documentation. Where can the schema be edited once this is turned on?
  • edited January 2019
    1)
    These options will be still on the page (while editing) because they were inserted there manually.
    But, if you disabled the SEO option in theme option, then they will not be used anywhere.

2)
    Please be familiar with this page:

It's just the information which help search engines(like Google) to mark up your website.
    It tells the search engine which type of website is it, in our case it's the "Webpage" type.
    Thanks
  • Hi, I have the 9.6 version of Betheme but I am not getting the Builder>>SEO button. On some pages I get the classic builder that shows the Builder>>SEO button/Visual/Text but on my actual "Pages" I don't. How can I get the Builder>>SEO button to show on my newer formatted pages?
  • Please update your theme to the newest version.
    Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the
    files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a
    fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.
    thanks