Way too much unused code in be.css

Hi,

I have been using Betheme for several years now. Is there a way to use or integrate your own style.css (be.css) in the child theme? I don't want to renew the file after every update.

Unfortunately, it contains too much code that is not needed - which has a negative effect on the overall size of the page and loading time.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,

Yes, you can use a child theme to overwrite this file.

You can learn more about a child theme set up under the following link:

https://support.muffingroup.com/documentation/installation-updates/#child-theme

Thanks

• Hi,

Thanks for the answer - I know how to install a Chile theme. What is unclear to me is how to use my own be.css. In the Child Theme there is only an empty Style.css - but the file with the superfluous codes is the be.css.

Or do I understand something wrong?

Regards

• You need to copy the folder "css" with the "be.css" file to your child theme.

Then it will overwrite the "be.css" file from the parent theme.

Thanks

• Ok, thank you very much - I will try it.

• Hi,

apparently I rejoiced too soon - 4 files are not pulled Child Theme. I don't understand, because the parent theme has this one.

https://ibb.co/JmWcH22

• Sorry, but we do not help with the child theme configuration.

I can only suggest contacting your web developer and checking the following link:

https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/advanced-topics/child-themes/

Best regards

• edited April 2022

Hey, 

I don't get it - they recommend using a child theme and now support ends? Guidelines or not - you could certainly solve this quite simply with a PN.

I have long thought about extending the support for costs, because I already thought that I would have to fight with the problems (4 theme errors) alone again. In the meantime you feel more like a bug reporter to point out errors of the theme and still pay for it.

Especially here it is so that the theme you announced as "light" and contains tons of code. Why don't you give the customer an easy way to add their own custom CSS, as it works for other manufacturers without any problems.

It's not all bad, but it's no use being told over and over again that the bugs will be passed on to the developers. For example, the bug with the missing size information of the logo has been registered for a long time and even after 5 updates of the theme, the bug still exists. 

Greetings

• Here is the link to the issue raised above - I have the same problem. 

https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/59174/change-logo-width-and-height

• The CSS code we use in the be.css file is required for features among the whole theme. So even when you do not use some of them, other websites might.

If you set up your child theme correctly and the file path is proper, too, you should have no problems with it. We recommend using a child theme when you want to modify your files but do not provide help with file customization. That is why I suggested that you should contact your web developer instead.

However, can you tell me what four bugs you are talking about, please?

I have checked your forum discussions and found only an issue with the Table of Contents, which we are currently investigating.

I noticed that you created a new discussion about the logo, so that I will answer you there.

Best regards

• edited April 2022

Quote: "I have checked your forum discussions and found only an issue with the Table of Contents, which we are currently investigating."

1. Table of Content
    2. Missing title attribute of the images on pages
    3. Logo width and height
    4. Problem with mobil Hamburger menu

The buttons for closing and opening the dropdown menu are too close together. It is impossible to open the dropdown menu. 

Tested on Android - picture attached. I don't want to open another ticket.

Examble: https://ibb.co/yhk73c0

• I asked you to send dashboard access to the missing titles, but I have not received anything yet.

Be sure that you sent all of the required information mentioned in the previous message.

• link to the forum discussion describing this issue
    • link to your website
    • login credentials

Also, I am not sure what Hamburger menu you are talking about. Can you send a link to it, please?

Please, also attach a link to your website because I need to look at the dropdown menu.

Thanks

• edited April 2022

Hello,

I wanted to clarify one thing first, otherwise it could lead to further problems - we have already been able to clarify a few things or you have asked for understanding. Please excuse the misunderstanding.

The thing with the menu would be most important, as the mobile menu (dropdown) does not work for me on Android.

Link of the page: www. graffiti-wiki . com (sorry for the spelling, but I don't need useless backlinks). I thought the link in the screenshot was sufficient.

Once this is cleared up, I will send you the information you want for the last problem.

Regards

• Please, put the following CSS code in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS:

#Top_bar #menu ul li a:not(.menu-toggle)::after{
     display: none!important;
    }

And check if the problem with dropdown menu persists.

Thanks

• Yes, it works - but the arrows in the normal menu are now gone. It's not bad, but I just wanted to tell you in case it should be included in the next update.

• Sorry, I forgot to put it in the media queries.

Replace the previous code with the following one:

@media only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
    #Top_bar #menu ul li a:not(.menu-toggle)::after{
     display: none!important;
    }
    }

It will also be resolved in the next update.

Best regards

• Very good - have a nice weekend.

• Thanks, and have a nice weekend too. 😉