How to re-create one of full demo pages? [BeTheme Demo Data]

Comments

• Hi, when I go to BeTheme Import Demo Data page, I only see a drop down for Import (five options ranging from Default Layout to Widgets), but no other drop down for the demo themes.

Also, when I go to theme options, I see the left hand column tabs, but everything is blank on the right hand side where the options should be for each area. 

Theme Version 10.6
    WP 4.3 (updated from 3.9 to see if that would help)

I have uploaded it a few times via FTP. 

• Hello. When I change demo in my site, appear then many "home" and many other dual link, why? Thank youimage.
  • @mark77210 Please send us private message with dashboard access and explanation and we'll have a look on it.

@dobermaraner You got many links because you did import several times. So now, you must remove additional menu links under Appearance > Menus section.
  • I to am unable to import DEMO with the Options (i have t manually import options each time)

I am running PHP 5.6 and in my error logs I only see warning related to:

PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ../wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/importer/import.php on line 106

please advise.
  • Hi @escius,

this means that your server is not fully compatible with WordPress. Demo settings can not be imported automatically because your server does not work with wp_remote_get() function which uses loopbacks. In such case, you must import settings manually.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2015

Hello, 

I've installed the B&W theme demo, but the gallery images are not appearing at all in greyscale.  Only when I hover over where they should be, do they appear in colour.

Any help please?
    Thank you

• @duguid Can you send us url to page with gallery? Because above links does not contain any what you can see on http://pasteboard.co/2D3INpaq.png
  • edited December 2015

The url in the link is the page with the gallery on. That's the home page that was created when I installed the demo.

I noticed that on Firefox you cannot see the gallery at all, like in the screenshot you posted. You get different results with different browsers.  On Chrome - http://pasteboard.co/2Ec5DIYs.jpg 

• @duguid We did noticed that you are using a plugin which is responsible for images resize. Please turn off this plugin and then check.
  • Hello,

I deactivated the majority of my plugins one by one and can't remember which one it was but it seems to have fixed the problem.

I reactivated them all again and everything is displaying correctly, so everything is running good.

Thanks for the help

• @duguid Good to know that all is fine. However, next time if you don't know which plugin is it, we recommend to deactivate them one by one because this is the best way to check which one is the culprit.
  • Hi! I have a problem with Default Layout, when I choose it for install, it not install, go to infinite loop and make a blank page with menu.
  • @gianpy81 It's because of the limits on your server. You probably saw how many media are included for default theme (hundreds of images, videos, etc) and your server is unable to import them because of the limits. Just import demo without attachments and you see that everything works fine.
  • I do not have this option:
    Appearance > BeTheme Demo Data section

I have imported the BeTheme and the BeTheme Child.
  • Is this working?
  • where are the demos?
  • @klad2688 If you do not see BeTheme Demo Data section, you probably deactivated it under Theme options > Global > Advanced section.
  • It was unclear that BeTheme must be active in order to experiment.
  • @klad2688 It's active by default so probably you or someone on your side hide it. We're glad to see that it's clear now.
  • Hi,
    I have some problems with Be|theme. 

I would like to start create my website on theme prepared like that: themes.muffingroup.com/betheme. 
    I tried all day and theme still doesn't work.

I prepared environment one more tmie: tswp.cba.pl

Please, show what I have to do to get it working as it should.

• @cetyov If this topic is not enough, you supposed to watch the video where we explained whole process. But you must know, that default BeTheme contain hundreds of media (images, videos, etc) and this demo can be imported on dedicated servers probably only with no limits. If you have any limits, you won't be able to import it on your side with media. In such case, you can import this demo but with no attachments.
  • edited December 2015
    Hi,
    I'm having some difficulty importing the data for Be|Driving, when I attempt to import the demo data (by following your video instructions) it is not showing quite as the demo on your site. Specifically, the menu doesn't stick to the top of the page. Could you please advise? Thanks
  • @markwalker92 Please send us link to page which does not look the same as our demo after import so we can have a look on it.
  • Is there a demo without linking to Muffin Group? I would like the settings of various side view to have ideas for my site.
  • @JochenBake Without which linking exactly? If you mean links in the footer, you can easily change them under Theme options > Footer section.
  • Hi @muffingroup,
    I sent a private message so as not to disclose my site. Thanks 
  • Hi,   I too have the issues with header & footer when importing demo data.  Ive just downloaded the very latest WP,  latest theme,  installed the child theme, ran WP-reset, delete the post & page, activated all the required plugins & child theme,  installed parallax demo (no rev sliders needed).  
    i do have screen shots of install errors & resulting site  http://ibridge.co.uk/dropzone/betheme-parallax.zip
    I dont think its php settings or required server plugins but if so can you post them for us all to see so we can be sure we all know whats needed.
    thanks
    Simon.
  • @SimonC1 This looks like your server is not fully compatible with WordPress. Demo settings can not be imported automatically because your server does not work with wp_remote_get() function which uses loopbacks. In such case, you must import settings manually because you have default footer active instead of the custom one we made especially for this demo.
  • Sorry your total right of cause,  i upload a test area and setup  .htaccess to only allow in authenticated people.

One more note for anyone else,  if you want the site to look exactly as per the demo,  after WP-RESET always delete the post, page and importantly ensure menu & the footer widgets are empty (eg remove the default from  appearance -> widgets  foorer #1 )

Thanks

Simon.
  • Hi there,
    I'm having real dramas with trying to import demo content. I'm trying to use the 'Creative' theme but, have also tried importing others to test to no avail. I'm not getting an error but, I'm also not getting an 'all done' notification, just a blank appearance tab.
    When I preview the website – nothing has changed.

I assumed the PHP configuration could be the problem, so increased my max execution time from 60 to 180. All the other settings were fine.

Do you have any suggestions?