How to re-create one of full demo pages? [BeTheme Demo Data]

Comments

• @kerpanic On screenshots looks like your server is not compatible with wp_remote_get() function which uses loopbacks. In this case you must import all settings manually. More details about this you can read on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/6679/manual-import-of-muffin-options-panel
  • edited July 2015
    @muffingroup My server is actually able to call wp_remote_get() successfully.

I've taken your note and executed this:
    ------
    <?php
    require_once("wp-load.php");
    $response = wp_remote_get( 'http://www.google.com/index.html' );
    if( is_array($response) ) {
      $header = $response['headers']; // array of http header lines
      $body = $response['body']; // use the content
      var_dump($header);
      var_dump($body);
    }
    ?>
    ------
    and the function was executed and I could see the var dumps on the screen.

So what else could be wrong?

I've imported options/widgets/content according to the link you gave me and the pages are almost as the original demo. The menu however is still messed up 

Something is wrong with the menu HTML and classes

Edit:
    Activating this option "Main Menu | depth 5 (Header Overlay 1)" solved the menu problem.
    However I still wonder why importing the demo options was not working using the automated importer?
  • @kerpanic As we wrote above, this problem is between wp_remote_get() function and your server. There are limits for sure and that's why you are not able to import all these options automatically. If you will switch to some better hosting, you will see that everything will work automatically. Hundred of customers import demos automatically every day and this problem is definitely related with server.
  • edited July 2015
    @muffingroup, how do I confirm what limitations are we talking about?

I run my own VPS on my own dedicated server. How can I tell what requires updating?

Any recommended settings?
  • @kerpanic There could be many different reasons but because we are not server experts, we are not able to tell you where the problem could be exactly. We met with this issue several times in the past and each time it was related with wp_remote_get() function. This function uses loopbacks to import all settings while loopbacks on some servers are blocked and that is the main reason in our opinion.
  • Hi!  Just tried Importing the "Energy" demo, but none of the images are working.  The media was imported into the media library, and the slider is working fine (imported via the revolution slider "import" option), but the images are simply not showing up on any of the "Energy" pages.

• Solved it.  The required images were downloaded into 'wp-content/uploads' rather than 'wp-content/uploads/2014/12' (where the demo pages were referencing).  Perhaps this is due to the fact that I had previously turned off "Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders" within the Wordpress "Media Settings" panel?
  • @Aftershok Yes, this could be the reason why images were imported into wrong directory. We're glad to hear that you sorted it :)
  • Hi there, I'm quite new to Wordpress so I don't hope I bother you too much with this probably easy issue;
    I like the boxes which are used in the BeTheme Demo (http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/shortcodes/boxes-infographics) But to have these same hoovers, which Demo Data should I install?
    I see at the Layout-page that there's one called 'Default' but that one is not in the demo data list.
    I hope that you can help me out.
    Ps: other question. If I just want a simple slider (1 or 2 images) which slider should I use?
    Thank you for your help.
    BR Jolanda - Netherlands
  • @goosgrafisch These items can be used anywhere you want so it does not matter which demo you will install. If you want to install one of our pre-made layouts, please checked them all at http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/splash/, pick up the one you like and simply import it.

P.S. For simple slider, you should use "Slider" item. You can see it for example at http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/wedding/ (Latest photos & videos section)
  • You have to import both sliders from original downloaded material, it is not included with the 1 click demo installation.  Go to rev Slider in wordpress - click import under the folder theme sliders - (1) spa and (2) spa content.
  • Hi, 

Almost done with my demo over here, only one issue...

When importing the slider i got this message: 
    The PHP ZipArchive extension is required to import .zip files.

I've already contacted my host and The PHP ZipArchive extension is activated on the server.
    PHP ois compiled again but the error message is still there.

How to import / install the slider?

JB
  • @muffingroup,

Thanks for you reply!

As I mentioned, ZipArchive extension is installed and it still doesn't work :(
    I know that it's not a theme related issue ... but is there a alternative way (without using ZipArchive for example) to install the slider?

Thanks in advance!

JB
  • @GNVV As we know, there is no other way to do this. So far ThemePunch do not have other possibility to import slider.
  • I have imported one demo, but would like to change to a different one removing the previous demo data. Is there an easy way to do this?
  • @ReedyCorp Yes. WordPress Reset it the answer on your question.
  • Hi, I have installed the newest BeTheme but in the Appearance menu there is no BeTheme Demo Data option. What could be the problem?  Thank you
  • @katalintamas Maybe you deactivated this section under Theme options > Global > Advanced section?
  • Ohhhhh, thanks a lot, that was the problem!!! :)
  • Is there anyway to get a refund? This theme is by far the worst experience I had ever.  
  • @Denasia If you want to get refund, please contact with Envato team because they are the seller. We are the author only and we can help you with theme only. Can you explain why it is the worst experience you ever had? As we see, you are new to WordPress and maybe this is the reason why you do not understand how some things works. If you will tell us what is not clear exactly, we'll be able to help you for sure.

Thanks!
    • The revolution slider won't work no matter what I do. 
    • SEO text just duplicate  
    • Favicon won't work no matter what I do 
    I tried multiple times now even long after. We don't need a big website just a simple brand site with pictures and about us. 

Had no problems with other themes before this :( 
  • edited August 2015
    @Denasia We're going to reply on your questions below, in points:

1. You may have a problem with Revolution Slider because since few days when ThemePunch released new version, there was few errors related with slider and this may be the reason why it does not work for you. There was a problem related with displaying sliders in recent WP 4.3 and also the problem was with import. For more details about this please take a look at http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/7846/revolution-slider-invisible-after-update-to-slider-5-x-version-and-wordpress-4-3 - of course if you will send us private message, we'll be able to send you recent version of fixed version asap.

2. Which text is duplicated? Do you mean title? This should be due to few reasons:

a) You use external SEO plugin and our built-in SEO fields. So if you use external seo plugin, you should deactivate our built-in seo fields under Theme options > SEO section.

b) If you use our built-in seo fields and you set site title under Muffin Options, you probably forgot to remove site title under Settings > General section.

3. Favicon can be set under Theme options > Global > General section where Icon | Favicon field is. But if you set this icon in this field, and favicon does not display, this must be due to cache but we do not have any influence on this.

Hope our explanation will help you a lot :)
  • Hello, can I use more demos for one website?

• I want to create more combinations from the layouts that are available for the theme, I want to use it for the different pages in my website. Is it possible to use more demos for making the web page. Thank you for the quick answer and have a nice day. :-D 
  • @Salisa777 This is not possible because if you will upload new demo, you will loose all current settings. If you want to know how some things on other demo were made, please create another wordpress instance for test only so you can upload demos and check how things were made. This is the easiest and fastest way to learn how we did other demos.
  • Thank you 
  • Are there step by step instructions to import The Spa slider into the theme (or any slider into any theme)? I have the slider setup but it is not showing up on the homepage. I am trying to exactly recreate The Spa demo and then customize from there. Let me know and thanks for the help!